Skip to main content

Topic: Manche - 1up Pick Up (Read 2975 times)

• ecoast
  • [*][*][*]
Re: Manche - 1up Pick Up
Reply #15
 [popcorn]
.                                                                What the hell you lookin' down here for?

• 357transam
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Flapdisc Fanboy
Reply #16

It's more than the bolt-on crap the rest of us do [thumbsup]

I take offense to that....    [laugh]

This truck is going to be sick when done!

• LowJ
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Wheel every damn day.
Reply #17
I hope so. Thanks for watching guys  

D300. I bought this box of mud for less than $100. It wouldn't shift and I actually broke the shift lever when I tried. Haha. The input and outputs wouldn't move at all. After I cracked it open, everything moved freely. I have a never used gasket kit from my first CJ somewhere. Make sure you look at the muddy burnt gear oil.

16 Toyota Tacoma, 87 MJ Chief

• Rucas
  • [*]
  • Staff
  • Currently Unsupervised
Reply #18
Very cool. Like Rob said nice to see another fabrication oriented build. It gets old seeing jks and tjs getting boring stuff like headlights installed  [laugh]

• Florpro
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19

Very cool. Like Rob said nice to see another fabrication oriented build. It gets old seeing jks and tjs getting boring stuff like headlights installed  [laugh]

If I had the space, time and monies I would fabricate all kinds of shit! I really enjoy it. Pisser is when you buy bolt-ins and have to fab something anyways... Once I'm to that point I swear I could have made my own part [weld]

• Rucas
  • [*]
  • Staff
  • Currently Unsupervised
Reply #20

If I had the space, time and monies I would fabricate all kinds of shit! I really enjoy it. Pisser is when you buy bolt-ins and have to fab something anyways... Once I'm to that point I swear I could have made my own part [weld]

Its frustrating! I gave up and am going to build most of the stuff from now on if I can

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #21
 The older you get the tougher it is to find time to build , enjoy it guys...

• LowJ
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Wheel every damn day.
Reply #22

Its frustrating! I gave up and am going to build most of the stuff from now on if I can

I believe there is a good medium between the two and that is what I'm searching for. Build what you can, buy what you can bc building everything can take a long time and cost almost as much.
For instance, shock tabs can be cut or bought for 4$ typically? What is your time worth?

That being said, if I have a garage I'd probably be saving up for a cnc plasma cutter + table for all the stuff I could make while being able to control the quality quite easily.

• Rucas
  • [*]
  • Staff
  • Currently Unsupervised
Reply #23

I believe there is a good medium between the two and that is what I'm searching for. Build what you can, buy what you can bc building everything can take a long time and cost almost as much.
For instance, shock tabs can be cut or bought for 4$ typically? What is your time worth?

That being said, if I have a garage I'd probably be saving up for a cnc plasma cutter + table for all the stuff I could make while being able to control the quality quite easily.

For me its making stuff exactly the way i want so I don't have to compromise.  Price is just a perk.

• Florpro
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24

For me its making stuff exactly the way i want so I don't have to compromise.  Price is just a perk.

In some cases what you need and what you can buy are two different animals. Once you get the off the shelf gizmo and then make it "work" for your application you have almost as much fab time into making the piece yourself from scratch.

• UhhhWinski
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #25
 if someone made a blank corner for the jk other than river raider, that's where i would've went. fabricating is fun, but sometimes it can get exhausting. can't wait to see this manche come together. i get excited everytime i see an update
that kid with too much time

• 1989comanche
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • 1989 Comanche P/U
Reply #26

The only bolt on on my truck was the shocks and track bar. [weld]

• 91AzXJ
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #27
I like to fab much as the next guy but it becomes exceedingly difficult without things like a bender, sheer, press, end mill and lathe. I despise using a bfh and vise to bend a piece of 1/4" steel. 
Loren<br /><br />2K XJ Mine<br />2011 KK Hers<br />04 TJ RIP / 06KJ the kids

• LowJ
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Wheel every damn day.
Reply #28
Back to the trans issue... @aw12345 

Here is the cps sensor on the bm10

And the same view on the nsg370

And this is the top part. Not sure what the opening is actually for and I can't remember what was there before I unbolted it. Basically at the 11 position (from rear) 

And the nsg

AW, I'm assuming your friend cut the spot in @ the 11 o'clock spot but I want to be 100% sure before I cut it. Please confirm. 

• LowJ
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Wheel every damn day.
Reply #29
this is what was there before I removed it. I can't find the piece now.