Skip to main content

Topic: Manche - 1up Pick Up (Read 2956 times)

• LowJ
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Wheel every damn day.
Re: Manche - 1up Pick Up
Reply #30
Posting for later...

Tail shaft from advanced adapters.  Funny how AA told me this is not a part made in their email and how they recommended using the tail off the 231 and modify it.  

http://www.advanceadapters.com/products/50-3032a-heavy-duty-dana-300-rear-output-shaft-kit/

Also, I have a 21 spline short case np 231 from this truck for sale.  PM me if you want it.  It should fit all 4 cylinder jeeps trans and aw4.  
16 Toyota Tacoma, 87 MJ Chief

• LowJ
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Wheel every damn day.
Reply #31
Finally worked up to this... BM-10/5 CPS (sensor) to NSG370 fitting.

This part of the demo is brought to you by Pizza. I made a template and transferred over the bolt hole measurements.

After I drilled to two sensor mounts, I tapped them  

Then I used a bunch of different stuff to make the same hole on this case as the other. Measure twice then cut, sand and remeasure

I will get the new sensor tomorrow but here is how it looks now  

• Florpro
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #32
I like your workbench!

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #33
Looks good , I bet it was a leap of faith making the first cut.

• UhhhWinski
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #34
first cut is the deepest  [nailbite]
that kid with too much time

• LowJ
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Wheel every damn day.
Reply #35

I like your workbench!

The table has a few holes for my small press to mount. And I took apart my first 8274 on it, many many moons ago. 

Looks good , I bet it was a leap of faith making the first cut.

It took a bit of courage.. A little bit less than the bob job but it is slowly getting easier. We will see if it works out when I get it mounted and crank the key. 

first cut is the deepest  [nailbite]

Unless you start with the 3" blade. Then the second is the deepest with the 4.5". Haha. 
Looks like all I need now is the pre-blead clutch which includes everything from the reservoir to the in trans plunger. Then mount and create a crossmember. I did just notice the top of the new trans is a bit higher than the old one. I hope I don't need to cut he floor. 

• UhhhWinski
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #36
i was speaking more of the nerves up to the first cut and the fact that you can't move back after that. looks good.  bench bleed as much as you can. can't wait to see it come together
that kid with too much time

• aw12345
  • [*]
  • Staff
Reply #37

Finally worked up to this... BM-10/5 CPS (sensor) to NSG370 fitting.

This part of the demo is brought to you by Pizza. I made a template and transferred over the bolt hole measurements.

After I drilled to two sensor mounts, I tapped them  

Then I used a bunch of different stuff to make the same hole on this case as the other. Measure twice then cut, sand and remeasure

I will get the new sensor tomorrow but here is how it looks now  

Round of the corner s of the hole so it will not develop cracks in the bellhousing

• LowJ
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Wheel every damn day.
Reply #38

Round of the corner s of the hole so it will not develop cracks in the bellhousing

The corners are rounded but I do plan to file the sides a little more before the install.

I completely vacuumed the interior out this morning and started removing the beadlocks from the 37s before I was asked to help my parents and never got back to it. I'd like to swap the clutch stuff in and put this trans in place to start the mount sap but everytime I try to get moving... Well y'all know. Honestly I think I just have the itch to weld again... Plus I feel like there is so many directions to do stuff when I have no time but I need to get more focused when I do get time to play.

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #39

The corners are rounded but I do plan to file the sides a little more before the install.

I completely vacuumed the interior out this morning and started removing the beadlocks from the 37s before I was asked to help my parents and never got back to it. I'd like to swap the clutch stuff in and put this trans in place to start the mount sap but everytime I try to get moving... Well y'all know. Honestly I think I just have the itch to weld again... Plus I feel like there is so many directions to do stuff when I have no time but I need to get more focused when I do get time to play.
Try to focus on making it moveable. Being able to drive it around the neighborhood is a huge motivational point.

• LowJ
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Wheel every damn day.
Reply #40

Try to focus on making it moveable. Being able to drive it around the neighborhood is a huge motivational point.

Immediate stuff
Seat brackets
Clutch
Gas tank and plumb 
3 link + steering box + frame stiffners
Tires + wheels 
Trans/tcase install + cross members 
Drive shafts
Non immediate stuff
Cable shifters
Cutting brakes 
Harnesses 
Rebuild axles
Freshen up engine 
Sliders + roll bar
Bumper and winch 
Skid plates
I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton of stuff. 

• Florpro
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #41

Immediate stuff
Seat brackets
Clutch
Gas tank and plumb
Tires + wheels
Drive shafts
Non immediate stuff
Cable shifters
Cutting brakes
Harnesses
Rebuild axles
Freshen up engine
Sliders + roll bar
Bumper and winch
Skid plates

That's a big list!

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #42

Immediate stuff
Seat brackets
Clutch
Gas tank and plumb
Tires + wheels
Drive shafts
Non immediate stuff
Cable shifters
Cutting brakes
Harnesses
Rebuild axles
Freshen up engine
Sliders + roll bar
Bumper and winch
Skid plates

Not sure on your schedule but that would take me a year!

• aw12345
  • [*]
  • Staff
Reply #43
First thing for me would be to get the engine running and warm,ed up, to see if it's solid, then on to making it a roller

• Florpro
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #44

First thing for me would be to get the engine running and warm,ed up, to see if it's solid, then on to making it a roller

This^ it would suck balls to get it to a driving stage just to find out you can't drive it [headscratch]