Skip to main content

Topic: Cherry Bombs and Bottle Caps (Read 5056 times)

• mattamd_xp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Cherry Bombs and Bottle Caps
Reply #30
Posted this elsewhere and was told about this thread. Not sure how I missed it, but I'm sure I'll have more stuff to post as I love taking cast-offs and using them. Got this ammo can from a neighbor and needed a quick solution to organize fluids for camping this week. Holds 2 quarts of oil, a quart of trans fluid, a quart of power steering fluid, a can of PB blaster, some extra space that I have fuel system treatment in right now, and space behind the quarts of oil for disposable gloves and wipes. I still need to clean up the edges and put some kind of plastic or rubber trim to keep the bottles from getting cut, but not bad for about 15 min worth of work. Time to get some smaller ones for the next to seat storage idea  [thumbsup]

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #31
 Very cool , and it will be on the J-O facebook page this afternoon .

• Sundowner
  • [*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Neutral Evil
Reply #32

Very cool , and it will be on the J-O facebook page this afternoon .

Yep...that's a Wasteland version of the action-packer carrier that Swag makes; I'm going to have to look into various ammo cans and find one to skeletonize after looking at that little beauty. [thumbsup]

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #33

Yep...that's a Wasteland version of the action-packer carrier that Swag makes; I'm going to have to look into various ammo cans and find one to skeletonize after looking at that little beauty. [thumbsup]
I want to chop one up and dimple die it afterwards ...

• 357transam
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Flapdisc Fanboy
Reply #34
That is pretty neat.  [thumbsup] To trim the edges you could use a piece of vacuum line, split length-wise. I have that around the snorkel on Sue, and it grips pretty well.

• schmitty
  • [*][*]
Reply #36

Almost everything seen here was either trash or from the junkyard. The welder was junk that my neighbor gave me. I replaced the wire feeder and the liner and got it working again. Cleaned off about 20 years of grease  and gave it a nice coat of paint. The stand is made from old bed frames, which is practically an unlimited source of 1.5" angle iron. Any time I need to put together some kind of shelf or rack, I just take a drive around town on trash day. On any given week, you can usually find someone throwing out a bed frame. And if there's anything better than a good junkyard find, it's a good trash find! Lastly, the wheels and feet I got for probably a dollar at the junkyard.

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #37

Almost everything seen here was either trash or from the junkyard. The welder was junk that my neighbor gave me. I replaced the wire feeder and the liner and got it working again. Cleaned off about 20 years of grease  and gave it a nice coat of paint. The stand is made from old bed frames, which is practically an unlimited source of 1.5" angle iron. Any time I need to put together some kind of shelf or rack, I just take a drive around town on trash day. On any given week, you can usually find someone throwing out a bed frame. And if there's anything better than a good junkyard find, it's a good trash find! Lastly, the wheels and feet I got for probably a dollar at the junkyard.
Thats a heck of a score , and bed frame metal welds super nice.

• Sundowner
  • [*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Neutral Evil
Reply #40

I used it to make my first welding project , and I have been saving it ever since.

I think I have a couple of bed frames in Storage Bay 3; now I know why I saved them.

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #41

I think I have a couple of bed frames in Storage Bay 3; now I know why I saved them.
It was nice of you to save them for me  ;D

• schmitty
  • [*][*]
Reply #42

I used it to make my first welding project , and I have been saving it ever since.

A welding cart, by any chance?  That seems to be a standard first welding project.

• LBJ
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • high functioning sociopath
Reply #43
here's one for ya,  doing this for years,  works great

• mattamd_xp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #44
That's a wicked cool idea! I love how useful ammo cans are  [weld]