Skip to main content

Topic: Cooler tech  (Read 11381 times)

• LowJ
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Wheel every damn day.
Re: Cooler tech
Reply #30

Tonight I have good news and bad news .

The good news is :The Grizzly , and Yeti both will clear the tonneau .

The bad news : Neither of those options will pass Kimbo's budget  :'(

Still searching and reading .

Do you want me to send you the Yeti for you to "try"? 

[orcj]
16 Toyota Tacoma, 87 MJ Chief

• Sundowner
  • [*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Neutral Evil
Reply #31
Got my Engel 25 in today...and against all odds, it fits.

Pictured: With room to spare, surprisingly.

So, just in case there was any doubt, we now KNOW one of these would fit under the trailer tonneau.

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #32

Do you want me to send you the Yeti for you to "try"?  

[orcj]
  How much is the "shipping"? :-X

Got my Engel 25 in today...and against all odds, it fits.

Pictured: With room to spare, surprisingly.

So, just in case there was any doubt, we now KNOW one of these would fit under the trailer tonneau.
If they made a 45 I think it would fit .

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #33
 Just found a new brand to look at called Frost Bite. Not much info out there , but they appear to be a nice roto moulded cooler for less than $200 .

EXTERIOR L 30W15H14
INTERIOR L25W9.25H 11.25
Weight 23lbs

I have sent them an email asking where its made and if there are parts available .

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #34
 That was fast , they are made in Thailand and parts are being "made". They are supposed to have a lifetime warranty , but with no real presence anywhere how do you get it honored ?

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #35
 If I could get us a group buy for Grizzly's at cost plus 5% would anyone else be interested ?

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #37

What size?

I spoke too soon , the Grizzlys have been discontinued and replaced by Yukons which are made in Texas by Igloo . Sadly they are taller than I can use , but I should be able to get the deal for others if theres enough interest .

Yukon, 70 QT, 114 Can Capacity, All White Body, Lid & Handles, Cooler, Integrated Work Space & Ruler On Lid, Solid Molded Two Fist Handles, Marine Grade Stainless Steel Rod Hinges, Easy Grip T-Handle Latches, Lockable Lid, Oversized Drain Plug, Industrial Strength Freezer Gasket In Lid, 7 Day Cooling Performance, 35.3"L x 17"W x 20.5"H.

$305 each ...

Yukon, 50 QT, 72 Can Capacity, All White Body, Lid & Handles, Cooler, Integrated Work Space & Ruler On Lid, Solid Molded 2 Fist Handles, Marine Grade Stainless Steel Rod Hinges, Easy Grip T-Handle Latches, Lockable Lid, Oversized Drain Plug, Industrial Strength Freezer Gasket In Lid, 7 Day Cooling Performance, 33.6"L x 17"W x 17.6"H. 

$259 each

• davewjcook
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Dogfood Engineer
Reply #38
I'll just leave this here because it's, well, the Coolest.  Trust it... it wouldn't lie to you about this...   8)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ryangrepper/coolest-cooler-21st-century-cooler-thats-actually?ref=nav_search
Obviously, I can't vouch for its quality yet, and it may be a bit tall for you, but maybe you could talk the guy into a little redesign if you were so inclined...

• ShaunSweeney
  • [*]
  • Staff
Reply #39
I love that thing.  I was debating getting in on it, but realized I rarely use a cooler.

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #40

I'll just leave this here because it's, well, the Coolest.  Trust it... it wouldn't lie to you about this...   8)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ryangrepper/coolest-cooler-21st-century-cooler-thats-actually?ref=nav_search
Obviously, I can't vouch for its quality yet, and it may be a bit tall for you, but maybe you could talk the guy into a little redesign if you were so inclined...

Thats pretty neat , but way more technical than I need . I am most likely going to get a grizzly as it seems to be the only one that will fit under my tonneau .