Skip to main content

Topic: Uwharrie 6/17/16 (Read 278 times)

• jrainman13
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • macgyver jr
Uwharrie 6/17/16
This weekend I took a few guys from church to Uwharrie. It's their first me wheeling amd boy, they did a great job and I'm pretty sure they're addicted now. There were four rigs, but only the yj and runner wheeled. 
Runner going up Dutch John
https://m.facebook.com/sleepswithagun/posts/10157070502485434?comment_id=10157075802715434&reply_comment_id=10157075926120434&ref=m_notif&notif_t=mentions_comment&notif_id=1466198121573600

The lj that came but didn't wheel.
Vise grips and zip ties

• jrainman13
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • macgyver jr
Re: Uwharrie 6/17/16
Reply #1
Just to give y'all an idea of how hard this was for them. The kid who drives the yj (4cyl,manual) and the fella whos in the runner have only done dirt roads on say hunting properties. They figured flat trails and some rocks and roots. They did absolutely fantastic and way above their expectations!! We ended up doing every trail minus Daniel and dickey bell. The only thing we broke was the lower part of the fan shroud and the hitch plug on the runner. An absolutely successful day!! 

He had never flexed it out. He was so happy to see how much it really flexed!

Vise grips and zip ties

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #2
The LJ would have done well... How dusty was it?

• jrainman13
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • macgyver jr
Reply #3
It really wasn't dusty at all. muddy in a few places. Good rain a few days before helped out a lot with no dust. The kid with the lj really wasn't comfortable enough to go. And his parents originally didn't want him to drive it. I wanted to see him wheel it too.
Vise grips and zip ties

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #4
All in due time. I tend to forget that trails can be intimidating at first.

Reply #5
@jrainman13 were you at a wedding near Madison, NC Saturday evening (the  18th)  by any chance?
  • Last Edit: Jun 19, 2016, 08:27 PM by amcjeepman
[redcj] James Belcher
Carolina Trail Blazers Membership /Money Man

Reply #7
For some reason your avatar picture was of a couple that was there. It's not showing a picture now.
[redcj] James Belcher
Carolina Trail Blazers Membership /Money Man