Skip to main content

Topic: Taylor pass CO (Read 408 times)

• oldschool
  • [*][*][*][*]
Taylor pass CO
Has any body ever done Taylor pass in CO? I've heard it is gorgeous with a few really hard miles. Never wanted to try it without lockers, and well, that is soon to be resolved. It's supposed to be open in next couple weeks.
Long hair, short hair, ain't no difference once the heads blown off.

• Florpro
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Taylor pass CO
Reply #1
Never heard of it... But be sure to post up some pictures of your shenanigans😎
Can't fix stoopid!

• oldschool
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
So far have not found anybody to go with, and I am not going to try it alone. Any takers?

• jjvw
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
I'm a little late, but I've run Taylor Pass at least twice. Each time on 33's and never felt the need for lockers. As i recall, the "difficult" spot is the first hill on the Crested Butte side. The first time, while I was airing down, a parade of about 20 WWII-era Willys rolled past me leaving the tail on the Express Creek/Aspen side.
  • Last Edit: Oct 23, 2016, 07:08 PM by jjvw
2003 Rubicon

• oldschool
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
I have not been keeping up with this, or any for that matter, forum lately. Life has thrown some big curves. However, have a cabin reserved in Taylor Park 1st week of June next year. Might be too early in the year to try it, but if it's not a heavy snowfall this winter, might give it a try.

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #6
Life happens , welcome back! Don't forget to enter the twelve days of Christmas giveaway.

• jjvw
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Even if Taylor isn't clear all the way to Aspen, you should been able to get a good ways in. You will also be close to Pearl, Schofield, Cement Creek and many others.

Look here:
Bushducks.com
Traildamage.com
2003 Rubicon

• oldschool
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Life happens , welcome back! Don't forget to enter the twelve days of Christmas giveaway.
How to enter?