Skip to main content

Topic: Welcome to the "Black Hole".  (Read 6619 times)

• Hendrix
  • [*]
  • Staff
Welcome to the "Black Hole".
This is the place for all those little or large Jeep projects or ideas that YOU never got to do.  Post up ideas you want to share of things that you can't afford , don't have the skills , or just don't have time to get to.  Maybe someone else could use the idea or project to help them in someway, or just bring your idea to reality. 
Work hard all week to enjoy the two days in the Sun.

• Sundowner
  • [*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Neutral Evil
Re: Welcome to the "Black Hole".
Reply #1
My two biggest "Black Hole" projects are ultralight half doors and an on-board expedition shower.  The half-doors would be easy except that I want them to look as factory as possible - that means a factory interior panel - and the on-board shower would be easy as well...except that I want it to be scald-proof and compact.  These are both "when I get the money and nothing is broken" projects; I've got them mostly figured out, but since the half-doors will require some carbon laminations and the shower will require an expensive heat exchanger, I just haven't been able to shell out the caps for them.

• Hendrix
  • [*]
  • Staff
Reply #2
Mine is 2 projects in one.   I have a brand new Protools bender and a Tubing roller both collecting dust and cobwebs.  My project is a stand capable of holding both without taking up a huge amount of space. 

• Tyvanwie
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Rear axle :( when I have a lead on a tj44, I don't have the money. When I have the money, something else needs attending to. I can get an 8.8 but can't weld the brackets on or do gears etc. and by the time you add all that up, I can't afford it...

• mattamd_xp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
My 99 TJ project that I worked on for 4 years and kept changing my mind on. Ended up selling off the 5.3 GM v8 and the 1 ton axles from under it last fall to fund the current project. Still have the frame/tub and links, so it wouldn't take much to gather the rest of the parts once again and put it back together, but that's a long way off right now.

• sjones26573
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Definitely Broken
Reply #5
Hmm... Rock Lights, properly mounting frame fuel/brake lines, fixing stripped caliper threads on one of the 30 knuckles, fixing messed up tint on turn signals, getting rid of POS Rampage carrier, mounting CJ gate, ect.

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #6

My two biggest "Black Hole" projects are ultralight half doors and an on-board expedition shower.  The half-doors would be easy except that I want them to look as factory as possible - that means a factory interior panel - and the on-board shower would be easy as well...except that I want it to be scald-proof and compact.  These are both "when I get the money and nothing is broken" projects; I've got them mostly figured out, but since the half-doors will require some carbon laminations and the shower will require an expensive heat exchanger, I just haven't been able to shell out the caps for them.
  Use a Moen scald guard to run the water through . Half door panels will be a little tougher .

• redidbull
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
I would love to have the CG Tcase swap behind me. I am looking forward to having it done but not doing it. I still has questions and feel I am going in a little halfa$$. On a non Jeep related project I want to get time to repair the body and get my Samurai on the road. Jim

• LowJ
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Wheel every damn day.
Reply #8

axle mounted ar/truss

super light doors, similar to what sunny said

better overflow bottle

"truck" styled cage
16 Toyota Tacoma, 87 MJ Chief

• Etatum
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
That "truck bed"styled cage is friggin sweet!!

• Danno6102
  • [*][*][*]
  • Vendor
  • Get Ready to Rock!
Reply #10

"truck" styled cage

That is sweet! That might be my next cage! If you do it right you can still mount the soft top brackets on the B pillar & run a normal soft top.

• Hendrix
  • [*]
  • Staff
Reply #11
That front section is what I modeled the front section of the flops cage.  I wanted to do it all.  But, I thought it would look funny on a TJ.  Thought about doing something very similar on Dumpster.  But I really want the fast back. 

• LowJ
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Wheel every damn day.
Reply #12

That is sweet! That might be my next cage! If you do it right you can still mount the soft top brackets on the B pillar & run a normal soft top.

Yep. The plan is to be a truck that also runs a stock LJ soft top and I do think it would be weird on a TJ but go for it.
16 Toyota Tacoma, 87 MJ Chief

• 91AzXJ
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13

axle mounted ar/truss

super light doors, similar to what sunny said

better overflow bottle

"truck" styled cage

By better overflow bottle, you're talking about tequila right?
Loren<br /><br />2K XJ Mine<br />2011 KK Hers<br />04 TJ RIP / 06KJ the kids

• bobthetj03
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • I'm not worthy!
Reply #14
My trailer trash build feels like a black hole right about now! Don't know if I'll ever finish it!
My Jeep takes me to some pretty cool places!