Skip to main content

Topic: Welcome to the "Black Hole".  (Read 6858 times)

• The_Eng
  • [*][*][*]
  • Vendor
Re: Welcome to the "Black Hole".
Reply #30

Next project idea

JKU body with half doors, 6.0L, 4L80, Atlas.  

Super duty 60 front and 14 bolt rear.  

King coilovers and bypasses

20" beadlocks and  40s  

Custom everything else.

I have the 40's and beadlocks here in the shop ready to go for you. 20" Trailready's with 5x5.5" pattern with 40" Toyo's. They have about 3k miles on them. We took them off for a client and he's storing them here while he tries to sell them

Reply #31
My black hole project would be:

Coilovers
37s on Beadlocks
242 swap
1 Ton Axles
Full Cage

That will most likely never happen.
Keep it simple stupid

• aw12345
  • [*]
  • Staff
Reply #32
Did one of these blackhole builts, 11 months of pretty much all my spare and vacation time. 14 coilovers, 14 bolt, D60 front,111" wheelbase hydro assist, everything hand made. 4 years of hard Hammer wheeling, with only 1 minor issue. This blackhole stuff is fun.

This is my current blackhole have had it for 2 years bought in non running and in pieces.
Currently runs, full hydro works, axles are geared, basically about 80% done. Bought it so I would stop screwing with my Jeeps. Been fun, it's actually nice to have a project thaty just sits and you screw with it when you feel like it. Buy some stuff for it when the coin is there. It looks so bad a$$ as a low rider, to bad it has to come up about 3" on all corners.

Love this pic

WIN_20140823_181441 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Another future blackhole project is sticking either a V6 or a 5.3 in my big Jeep. Gotta get this buggy done first. Another one on the list is mid arm suspension and a better rolcage for my lil yeller Jeep

Reply #33
I think that is my ultimate goal for the LJ. Turn it into a full trail/expedition rig and get another JK as a DD.
Keep it simple stupid

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #34

I think that is my ultimate goal for the LJ. Turn it into a full trail/expedition rig and get another JK as a DD.
I like the expo side of wheeling more and more as I get older , and a 2 door JK would make a good DD though for mileage purposes theres better choices out there .

• Hendrix
  • [*]
  • Staff
Reply #35
So here is the build that got my gears turning on my future Black hole build.  I don't know if I want to go as far as the riveted look.  But I do know I want to skin the whole Jeep in Aluminum and tig weld the top lips to make a smooth top on the doors, eliminating the belt rail, raking the windshield hinges back, lowering the seat mounts and cage height to give it a very raked street rod look.   

This will be one of those Tinker as I go builds.  And as money allows, I would love to build it so there is no money owed when the build is complete. 
Work hard all week to enjoy the two days in the Sun.

• aw12345
  • [*]
  • Staff
Reply #36
That's some mighty fine sheetmetal work

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #37
 Pretty neat , but not my style . Seems like its more of an industrial look and I prefer the retro thing . I am sure you will come up with something amazing ...

• Hendrix
  • [*]
  • Staff
Reply #38

Pretty neat , but not my style . Seems like its more of an industrial look and I prefer the retro thing . I am sure you will come up with something amazing ...

It's styled after a WW2 war plane.  It's river raiders 2014 Sema jeep. 
Work hard all week to enjoy the two days in the Sun.

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #39

It's styled after a WW2 war plane.  It's river raiders 2014 Sema jeep.
I get it , just too industrial for me . Now a gladiator  front clip on a JK would be all kinds of sexy to me .  ;D

Reply #40

I like the expo side of wheeling more and more as I get older , and a 2 door JK would make a good DD though for mileage purposes theres better choices out there .

To be honest, I have a pretty decent setup now for expedition stuff. I suppose all I really need to do is get some 6pak shock and cal it good.
Keep it simple stupid

• LowJ
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Wheel every damn day.
Reply #41

I agree about the expo side but we would go at it completely differently I thinks.
16 Toyota Tacoma, 87 MJ Chief

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #44

TRUCK expo Jeep.  Going old skool J truck or so...
That would be pretty cool , especially with a lightweight slide in popup .