Skip to main content

Topic: White Lightening Refresh.....  (Read 2973 times)

White Lightening Refresh.....
Starting some CHOPing tomorrow!  Who's excited????  Let's see how silly a 35" rig can get.......

• 357transam
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Flapdisc Fanboy
Re: White Lightening Refresh.....
Reply #2
Wow, talk about a tease....

• janesy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Wow, talk about a tease....

For real. Haha
Follow me on Instagram: @nick.janes.bitch

Reply #4
Haha.... Ok here's the plan.  I've been BEATING the crap out of this thing for 2.5 years since the stretch.  It's given me some time to really figure out it's weaknesses actually more annoyances for the type of trails I'm running.  The obvious weakness is that I'm on 35" tires.  Well that's NOT changing.  So what can I do to help this thing get through trails it shouldn't even be on.....

I plan to move every link mount UP,  nothing lower than the bottom of the frame,  nothing lower than the axle tubes.  That's going to take all custom link mounts,  shorter mid arms.   I also plan to move the fuel tank UP,  and move the body mounts UP.  The last thing is to move my already flat belly skid..... UP.  I want it to mount "inside" the frame rails with the bolts that hold it on no lower than flush with the frame. 

Basically it's a shit ton of cutting and grinding the old stuff off.  I will post pictures later but my current brackets are BEAT to hell.  Phase one is just getting to a blank slate. 

• 357transam
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Flapdisc Fanboy
Reply #5
This should be awesome! I had planned the same thing with my skids on Sue. Haven't gotten around to finishing it yet, but if it works out properly that is what mine will look like.

• Florpro
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Check out New Venture's flat belly system. It mounts to the side of the frame... May get you some ideas.

• Florpro
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Ps. Glad to see you posting here [popcorn]

• 98tjcomeonuh
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Atleast you got another little jeep to tool around in while yours in under the knife. I take it your also keeping the super duper 35?

• Florpro
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
Atleast you got another little jeep to tool around in while yours in under the knife. I take it your also keeping the super duper 35?
I thought he swapped an 8.8 in?

Reply #10

Yup the D35 stays,  it's never given me even the slightest issue..... and its probably the highest clearance axle around.

• 357transam
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Flapdisc Fanboy
Reply #12
I love that you are keeping that axle in. Screw the conventional wisdom.