Skip to main content

Topic: 'Oh5 KJ limited: why not (Read 856 times)

'Oh5 KJ limited: why not
Alright, a few specs on this bad girl, it's currently got 131,xXx miles on the clock, 2wd limited, some sort of off brand all terrains, could stand new shocks all the way around, and fairly clean interior. Though, it needs a little paint work on the roof and hood. It's a very solid little jeep, runs strong, shifts smooth, just gotta talk my wife into it for sure. @$3k, you can't beat it.

I'd like to say I would do a Sas and all the goodies to this ole girl, but I doubt my wife would go for that, seeing as I was looking at bunpers the other night and she said no way. Though she does like the RRO roof rack with lights( 8) ), When I freshen up the paint on the hood and roof I'll probably install that for her with a couple of warn wireless lights. Other than that, I'll get some weather tech floor mats and some sort of pet barrier for the rear, as well as some sort of replacement shocks. But that's it for now, should make a good little family beater for a while.
Oh yeah did some maintaince today as well, fresh oil and wix filter(51516), fresh wix air filter(42329), and some anco wiper blades(20in.) .
Laus Deo.

Re: 'Oh5 KJ limited: why not
Reply #2
Looks good! No plans for a small lift to go along with the rack and lights?
i would think it would look good, seeing as the front end could use a rebuild anyways, i don't know if she would want it or not.
Laus Deo.

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #3
Give me liberty or give me death!

• 91AzXJ
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
My daughters 06 has a 2" lift and it looks 100% better.
Loren<br /><br />2K XJ Mine<br />2011 KK Hers<br />04 TJ RIP / 06KJ the kids

Reply #8
Gotta love picking up a nail in a tire with less than 15k miles on it. Atleast these tores are on the cheaper side. Also washed it today, tons of smoke a dust in the area from fires.
Laus Deo.

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #9
Gotta love picking up a nail in a tire with less than 15k miles on it. Atleast these tores are on the cheaper side. Also washed it today, tons of smoke a dust in the area from fires.
How is it as a driver?

Reply #10
How is it as a driver?
It was cheap, good on gas, easy to work on, other than being small we like it. We wanna get back into a larger suv at some point, but have other things to worry about prior to that. My wife only has like a one mile drive to work and school is only about 5 miles. So it's really just a point a to b car for her. If we go on vacation or long drives we take the LJ.
Laus Deo.

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #11
Sounds like it fits the bill well...

Reply #12
the wife overheated the liberty today, everything looks fine( chalk up two wins for amsoil, once on the old f150). Turned out the electric cooling fan died, got it towed and gonna order a replacement from rock auto.
Laus Deo.

Reply #13
Oh and ended up getting a free Goodyear tire with only 10k miles on it, screw a matching set.
Laus Deo.

• badmonkey
  • [*]
  • nobody
  • Haxxor
Reply #14
the wife overheated the liberty today, everything looks fine( chalk up two wins for amsoil, once on the old f150). Turned out the electric cooling fan died, got it towed and gonna order a replacement from rock auto.

Amsoil is good stuffs.  Hope all is well for you.