Skip to main content

Topic: Todays trip (Read 245 times)

• oldschool
  • [*][*][*][*]
Todays trip
https://www.facebook.com/100008101339147/videos/1789244844688876/
Took my brother in law over Medano Pass into the sand dunes today. He had never done a trip like this and loved it. Easy wheeling as we have had some rain and sand was compacted and not like loose flour as I have seen it. Was amazed at how fast nature is recovering from burned area a couple years ago. Creek crossings were fairly low, and never needed lockers.
Long hair, short hair, ain't no difference once the heads blown off.

• jdunk813
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Todays trip
Reply #1
I can't see the video, but my wife has been going up to a family camp at Horn Peak every year since she was young.  I've had my Jeep in the Sangres as well. I want to take that trip over Medano Pass for sure.

• oldschool
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
It's a fun trip. My better half and I try to do it every year about the time the Aspens are turning. Depending on the time of year and the rainfall, it can go from easy wheeling to almost unpassable. During the spring, it often gets closed due to creek crossings being too deep. During mid summer, the sand can become soft and bottomless. When the Aspens are turning gold, the scenery is amazing. If you plan on camping on the pass realize that bear encounters are frequent, so use caution with food storage.

• Holaday
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Link doesnt work for me.  Any way to share not on FB?

• oldschool
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Link doesnt work for me.  Any way to share not on FB?
Not that I am smart enough to do.