Skip to main content

Topic: The Beagle has landed.  (Read 4449 times)

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
The Beagle has landed.
 Beagle you ask? Well it was really a simple thing that the newest member of the hill named itself but thats a story for later when things come further into focus. Taking a step backwards to a conversation a few weeks ago with Lucas led to all of this. It went like this.

"Hey Lucas if you run across a good deal on a TJ at your job give me a call"

Lucas said " I have one now when do you want it?"

We bounced back and forth through a few texts and came up with a plan .

The plan was for me to take some money over to the shop and drive it home an hour and a half. I drove home Friday from Maryland picked up Kimbo and the kids and headed East to Lucas Land. We got there and the TJ was what Lucas said it would be so the paper work was filled out and money changed hands. Billy was excited to say the least that he finally had his own Wrangler.

So the Beagle has landed on the hill.
  • Last Edit: Oct 01, 2016, 10:13 PM by G Beasley

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Re: The Beagle has landed.
Reply #1
 There were still some Jeeps to check out at Lucas's before we got into the nasty beagle for the ride home. The kids really liked the FC but it needs way more work than I have time for. As the clouds lifted and the sun was setting we headed West in the TJ and other than a small tire shimmy at 60 mph we made it home with no problems.

Now you may notice the Jeep has already been stripped and wonder why? Well the previous owner had personally kept Marlboro profitable while they were driving the Beagle. The carpet was crusty , burnt up and smelled like death. In addition to that the nasty top had led to water leaks , which led to surface rust below. Billy and I spent the afternoon pulling the seats and getting rid of the carpet so that we could clean up the floors and get some paint on them.
  • Last Edit: Oct 01, 2016, 10:22 PM by G Beasley

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #2
 A good cupped brush , rust converting primer and Rustoleum led to this.
  • Last Edit: Oct 01, 2016, 10:25 PM by G Beasley

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #3
 We also got the door panels cleaned up along with the rear floor. We used Castrol Purple cleaner , followed by water and then Meguiars vinyl and plastic protector.
  • Last Edit: Oct 01, 2016, 10:31 PM by G Beasley

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #4
More cleaning today , this little TJ is starting to come together.The seat was so funky that I decided what the heck lets pressure wash it and see how it turns out.I halfway expected the seat to explode but surprisingly enough it cleaned up incredibly well and the smell went away.
  • Last Edit: Oct 02, 2016, 10:57 PM by G Beasley

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #5
Added some new wheels and Simmy made an appearance.
  • Last Edit: Oct 02, 2016, 11:02 PM by G Beasley

• ShaunSweeney
  • [*]
  • Staff
Reply #6
Lucky kids on the hill.

• bobthetj03
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • I'm not worthy!
Reply #7
Perfect color!
My Jeep takes me to some pretty cool places!

• Texas TJ
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Looks like some fun to be had with this one.
If you can't stand behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them!<br><br>

• 91AzXJ
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
You have way too many Jeeps, you need to share!
Loren<br /><br />2K XJ Mine<br />2011 KK Hers<br />04 TJ RIP / 06KJ the kids

• Rucas
  • [*]
  • Staff
  • Resident Moater Masher
Reply #10
Glad you and Billy like it buddy. Glad I was able to work out a deal for ya! Wish I had the cash to have picked it up myself especially with all the tj parts I am inheriting as of late.
  • Last Edit: Oct 02, 2016, 03:22 AM by Rucas

• Florpro
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
So what is the plan with whitey??

• Sundowner
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Neutral Evil
Reply #13
Jk rubi's and 37 neato's

Line-item veto.  Junkyard HP30 with the tubes welded, salvaged 44 rear, limited slips on both ends and 33's.  Add control arms and a 2" taller spring/shock combo and the Billdebeeste will have a fun, safe, capable rig that'll teach him how to drive everything that most people think they need locked one-tons to conquer.  [thumbsup]

• Florpro
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
Line-item veto.  Junkyard HP30 with the tubes welded, salvaged 44 rear, limited slips on both ends and 33's.  Add control arms and a 2" taller spring/shock combo and the Billdebeeste will have a fun, safe, capable rig that'll teach him how to drive everything that most people think they need locked one-tons to conquer.  [thumbsup]
Boring....
But more than likely the way it will play out!