Skip to main content

Topic: The Beagle has landed.  (Read 3794 times)

• Sundowner
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Neutral Evil
Re: The Beagle has landed.
Reply #15
Boring....
But more than likely the way it will play out!

Here's a question: what's more "boring"... 1) yet another entry in the endless series of overbuilt, over-tired Jeeps that rarely get used and never offer their drivers any challenges or teach them anything about actual driving on the infrequent occasions that they leave pavement, or 2) a sensibly-built rig that'll allow the owner to learn, grow and continue to refine/improve the build over time?  Personally, I would prefer to see the latter option...not only because this is a rig built for a new driver that knows comparatively little about driving or vehicle upkeep/repair, but because I've realized that the most "boring" Jeeps out there are the ones that fall into the first category I mentioned.

• Rucas
  • [*]
  • Staff
  • Currently Unsupervised
Reply #16
It needs a set of rubi 44s with 5.13s, 33s, small body lift, tummy tuck, f/r highline and some lightweight armor

• janesy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
Sweet! What are the specs?

It needs a set of rubi 44s with 5.13s, 33s, small body lift, tummy tuck, f/r highline and some lightweight armor

Sounds like the new rig I'm building. Gonna be sweet. Also fun to wheel a mild rig and test my abilities.
Follow me on Instagram: @nick.janes.bitch

• 98tjcomeonuh
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #18
Like the name, billedebeeste.

• Sundowner
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Neutral Evil
Reply #19

I would go with 4.88's instead of 5.13's, because 33's.  Armor...eh, that'd be last on my list just because I don't see him putting it into a rock garden right out of the gate.  I've no argument with the Rubi 44 in the back, but it's a toss up between that and the HP30 in the front.  No arguments with the tummy tuck and body lift, but I'd rather go with a bit more spring and shock than a bit less sheet metal.  I would also get rid of the stock control arms and run something nicer, and - while I'm thinking of it - I'd fix the t-case output.  That would be a good rig to learn on, although I think the necessity of the rear locker is highly debatable in anything except axle-twisting terrain; the good thing about the Rubi 44 is that they have the limited slip and a locker.  Add some ZJ steering and it's good to go.

• Rucas
  • [*]
  • Staff
  • Currently Unsupervised
Reply #20
I would go with 4.88's instead of 5.13's, because 33's.  Armor...eh, that'd be last on my list just because I don't see him putting it into a rock garden right out of the gate.  I've no argument with the Rubi 44 in the back, but it's a toss up between that and the HP30 in the front.  No arguments with the tummy tuck and body lift, but I'd rather go with a bit more spring and shock than a bit less sheet metal.  I would also get rid of the stock control arms and run something nicer, and - while I'm thinking of it - I'd fix the t-case output.  That would be a good rig to learn on, although I think the necessity of the rear locker is highly debatable in anything except axle-twisting terrain; the good thing about the Rubi 44 is that they have the limited slip and a locker.  Add some ZJ steering and it's good to go.

Its a 4banger. 5.13s put rpm back to stock range. And my axles have 5.13s which he needs to buy ;D

• jampop1
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
Greg you are a good man and a great father!
So many good memories coming your way

• janesy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
Its a 4banger. 5.13s put rpm back to stock range. And my axles have 5.13s which he needs to buy ;D

Did you ever happen to run 32's on 5.13's? I'm reading that they are awesome for 33's with the 4 banger, so hoping not too bad with 32's.
Follow me on Instagram: @nick.janes.bitch

• Rainman77
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Oilslick
Reply #25
How about this idea... Leave it stock  :-X :-X :-X clean it up and make it a solid vehicle, but a stock TJ can still run a lot of mild trails with some good tires. Plus there isn't much of a need for a new driver to learn in a lifted vehicle. Just my 2 cents, but I trust Bildebeeste will make it awesome. 
If it can't be fixed with a bigger hammer, it must be an electrical problem

Intsagram: jrain7 or jwrwoodworking

• Annabelle
  • [*][*][*]
  • Resident Sweetheart
Reply #26
Billy has a couple of years to make a decision.   ;)
I'm not bad...I'm just drawn that way.

• Rucas
  • [*]
  • Staff
  • Currently Unsupervised
Reply #27
Did you ever happen to run 32's on 5.13's? I'm reading that they are awesome for 33's with the 4 banger, so hoping not too bad with 32's.

Nah I've never run that. I drove the Beaglr before I sold it with bald 215s and with the 4.10s it did great on the highway. At 70 it was turning about 3000rpm in 5th. 32s/33s with 5.13s puts you at about the same. Should make it pretty tolerable

• SchochAuto
  • [*][*][*]
  • Vendor
  • The Jeeper Reapers
Reply #28
Looking good already! Glad we could hook you up. :)

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #29
Lucky kids on the hill.
No kidding , but they both work for it.

Perfect color!
I love a white Jeep as they clean up so well.

Looks like some fun to be had with this one.
It is a blast driving it around , feels like a go kart.

You have way too many Jeeps, you need to share!
I am trying to share the Comanche with someone , just waiting on them to share some money with me. ;D

Glad you and Billy like it buddy. Glad I was able to work out a deal for ya! Wish I had the cash to have picked it up myself especially with all the tj parts I am inheriting as of late.
It is a neat little rig , and it will be fun building it with Billy. Thanks again for looking out for us.

So what is the plan with whitey??
Clean it up , add a new top , some seat covers and build a cage. Then it will be projects for Billy and I as we go forward . Theres a reason for the Beagle name and it will be clear soon.

Jk rubi's and 37 neato's
Nope to much.

Line-item veto.  Junkyard HP30 with the tubes welded, salvaged 44 rear, limited slips on both ends and 33's.  Add control arms and a 2" taller spring/shock combo and the Billdebeeste will have a fun, safe, capable rig that'll teach him how to drive everything that most people think they need locked one-tons to conquer.  [thumbsup]
44 or 8.8 in the rear at a later date with lots of armor below and a cage above.

Boring....
But more than likely the way it will play out!
Efficiency is sexy.