Skip to main content

Topic: The Beagle has landed.  (Read 3345 times)

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Re: The Beagle has landed.
Reply #30
Greg you are a good man and a great father!
So many good memories coming your way
Thanks , it has been fun already and Billy is over the moon excited about "his" Wrangler. Its funny as I catch him googling bumper designs now .

It needs a set of rubi 44s with 5.13s, 33s, small body lift, tummy tuck, f/r highline and some lightweight armor
If I had a set of Rubicons come along at a reasonable price I would consider it , but a rear axle is the most it will probably see changed for a while. Billy really likes it lower , though he does want to chop it into a TJ 6 .

Sweet! What are the specs?

Sounds like the new rig I'm building. Gonna be sweet. Also fun to wheel a mild rig and test my abilities.
1997 4 cylinder 5 speed with AC .Very solid frame , runs and drives great. It does need tires in a bad way though. It will stay low and get lots of armor.

How about this idea... Leave it stock  :-X :-X :-X clean it up and make it a solid vehicle, but a stock TJ can still run a lot of mild trails with some good tires. Plus there isn't much of a need for a new driver to learn in a lifted vehicle. Just my 2 cents, but I trust Bildebeeste will make it awesome.
Its going to be on 31's for a long time.

Billy has a couple of years to make a decision.   ;)
You are correct , the gears in his head are spinning away while he figures out what he wants. Some stuff I try to guide him in the right direction from my trial and errors but we are letting him make his own decisions as much as possible.

Looking good already! Glad we could hook you up. :)
Pleasure doing business .

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #32
Good 31s and some armor will go a lot of places! Plus keeping that 2.5 happy is very important
Agreed ,might have to look at aluminum bumpers.I forgot to post the final clean pictures...

• 98tjcomeonuh
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #33
What does Tate's rig have, 33x10.5's? Though I always liked my 4 banger with 31's and a 2 inch lift.

• UhhhWinski
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #34
Very cool. Let him sit on his decisions for a while. What i liked 10 minutes ago is different than now
that kid with too much time

• Florpro
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #35
How about some of your Rubi takeoffs on there??

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #36
What does Tate's rig have, 33x10.5's? Though I always liked my 4 banger with 31's and a 2 inch lift.
I think thats what it has? Billy is pretty dead set on keeping it low , so it will be on 31's for a while. If we need any more room we can high line , add MCE's or go with a small body lift.

Very cool. Let him sit on his decisions for a while. What i liked 10 minutes ago is different than now
He is taking his time , once it has the top and tires we are adding a cage and that will be it for a while.

How about some of your Rubi takeoffs on there??
I dont have much left to put on there.

• Sundowner
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Neutral Evil
Reply #39
Kimbo already beat you to that and has placed a snoopy figurine on the dash.

That's because she has good taste... and that also makes the name official.  Furthermore, this means that your Suburban is now officially named "Woodstock."  ;D

• Jankoid
  • [*]
  • Staff
  • Warrior of Sunlight
Reply #40
Agreed, it's Snoopy now.

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #41
That's because she has good taste... and that also makes the name official.  Furthermore, this means that your Suburban is now officially named "Woodstock."  ;D
She calls the Suburban Charlie Brown and wants to put a black zig zag down the side of it.

Agreed, it's Snoopy now.
It's a good name for sure , though Beagle will make sense soon.

• Wedwhyjay
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #42
Looks like you need some nines 5.13s and 35s.......
Awsome jeep! Cant wait to see what you do with it

• cescuzzy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Resident Electrical Wizard (Part-time)
Reply #43
A safety tip in the form of The Seventh Commandment of the Electrical Engineer: Work thou not on energized equipment for if thou doest so, thy friends will surely be buying beers for thy widow and consoling her in certain ways not generally acceptable to thee.

• Rainman77
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Oilslick
Reply #44
I do...
If it can't be fixed with a bigger hammer, it must be an electrical problem

Intsagram: jrain7 or jwrwoodworking