Skip to main content

Topic: Stormin' Norman - 99 TJ shop Jeep build (Read 1618 times)

• SchochAuto
  • [*][*][*]
  • Vendor
  • The Jeeper Reapers
Re: Stormin' Norman - 99 TJ shop Jeep build
Reply #15
SEM Trim black will better match the sheen of the flares, FYI.

I actually went to the store to buy that, but they were out. I was with a buddy who was like "semi-gloss would look fine" and I told him it would be too shiny. Guess who's right now. LOL

I guess even in winning I'm losing.

But yeah, I probably will get some of that and respray it if I can't find the tan color. We'll see how I like the black tonight when I install the top and black uppers.

• bobthetj03
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • I'm not worthy!
Reply #16
Are you a SEM rep now?

Nope, just know what works well and don't mind sharing in a product's success.
My Jeep takes me to some pretty cool places!

• SchochAuto
  • [*][*][*]
  • Vendor
  • The Jeeper Reapers
Reply #17
Got the new Quadratop installed last night. Fairly happy with it. It seems to be ok quality. The doors don't fit great, but the frames I was using were pretty rough so that might be the reason.

Also, one of the snaps for the rear bow was missing. Like, just not there. It looked like the machine tried to punch it and then it just never installed and they just rolled with it. You can see where it was dimpled.  ::) It wasn't really needed though.

• Rucas
  • [*]
  • Staff
  • Resident Moater Masher
Reply #18
Looks good! Now onto the rubi parts ;D

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #19
 Can I chop the bumper?!?

• cescuzzy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Resident Electrical Wizard (Part-time)
Reply #21
Can I chop the bumper?!?

If you cut off the hoop and made it a stubby, that tube bumper could have some potential...
A safety tip in the form of The Seventh Commandment of the Electrical Engineer: Work thou not on energized equipment for if thou doest so, thy friends will surely be buying beers for thy widow and consoling her in certain ways not generally acceptable to thee.

• SchochAuto
  • [*][*][*]
  • Vendor
  • The Jeeper Reapers
Reply #22
So Norman has been a whiny little bitch over the weekend. I was having some electrical problems and the HVAC only was blowing out of the defrost vent so I decided to see what was up. Apparently this Jeep was not equipped from the factory with fog lights. The previous owner made a feeble attempt at adding them using factory parts but in the process completely fuxored the wiring down in the switch area. Bare wires were touching, etc. I plugged my phone in to charge and apparently all hell broke loose.

So yesterday my quick fix ended up being me taking about 4 hours rewiring the dash, soldering and shrink wrapping things, then adding new wiring and switches so the lights actually worked. I pulled some pillar mounts and lights off of another Jeep and wired them up too. Then I pulled the HVAC controller and tube harness and installed one off of another Jeep here and everything works.

Except the stereo, I seem to have messed that up.....must have knocked the antenna wire off when I was wiring. :(

• Florpro
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
That is a quick fix. There is a connector that you can access if you remove the glove box.

• SchochAuto
  • [*][*][*]
  • Vendor
  • The Jeeper Reapers
Reply #24
That is a quick fix. There is a connector that you can access if you remove the glove box.

What is a quick fix? The stereo? Pretty sure I knocked the antenna plug out of the back of the stereo. The front speakers weren't working either so I pulled the stereo to check the wiring, but it seemed ok. Must have knocked the plug out of the back for the antenna without realizing it.

• Florpro
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #25
What is a quick fix? The stereo? Pretty sure I knocked the antenna plug out of the back of the stereo. The front speakers weren't working either so I pulled the stereo to check the wiring, but it seemed ok. Must have knocked the plug out of the back for the antenna without realizing it.
Mine came unplugged behind the glovebox. There is ~12" pigtail out the back of the head unit and another connector behind the glove box.

• SchochAuto
  • [*][*][*]
  • Vendor
  • The Jeeper Reapers
Reply #26
Yeah, I just haven't gotten around to checking it yet. It was late and I was on my way home, so didn't want to screw with it when I realized it. I'm going to check that before I leave work. I'd put money on it being the back of the head unit though.

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #27
Your going to have everything fixed just in time to sell it...

• Rucas
  • [*]
  • Staff
  • Resident Moater Masher
Reply #28

It happens EVERY FREAKING TIME [laugh]

• SchochAuto
  • [*][*][*]
  • Vendor
  • The Jeeper Reapers
Reply #29

Considering I'm in the business of selling Jeeps, that wouldn't be a bad thing really. I'd just move on to another pile with a ton of problems that I fix up and then sell when I get done! LOL