Skip to main content

Topic: Where the Fuck is Dave?? (Read 516 times)

• Florpro
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Where the Fuck is Dave??
Did he finally get mobbed by the simians?
Still pretty convinced that he and @badmonkey are one and the same... Conspiracy I think not!!
Can't fix stoopid!

• bobthetj03
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • I'm not worthy!
Re: Where the Fuck is Dave??
Reply #2
I asked this question weeks ago. He has abandoned us! All is lost!
My Jeep takes me to some pretty cool places!

• cescuzzy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Resident Electrical Wizard (Part-time)
Reply #3
I asked this question weeks ago. He has abandoned us! All is lost!

If I were him, I'd be entirely too busy avoiding every facet of American Politics posted on the interwebs over the last month.  Since I'm not him, I'm guessing he's hiding at the muppetwerks doing things the hard way.
A safety tip in the form of The Seventh Commandment of the Electrical Engineer: Work thou not on energized equipment for if thou doest so, thy friends will surely be buying beers for thy widow and consoling her in certain ways not generally acceptable to thee.

• davewjcook
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Dogfood Engineer
Dave's worst nightmare
Reply #4
Dave's worst nightmare... In more ways than one!
I'm pretty sure he's behind the sign...
[nailbite]  [monkey]
How does that work, again?
[tantj]

• Sundowner
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Neutral Evil
Reply #5
As usual, the truth is far less entertaining than the rumors.

The simplest way to explain my absence is this: I've been more aggressive with making and taking some much-needed time for myself, and when I've combined that effort with my normal work routine I've simply not had a lot of time for much else...and that's okay, because "else" has consumed the vast majority of my efforts for the last four or five years.  I've got an entire darkroom and a dozen cameras that beg to be used, a couple of friends that I rarely make time to see, a library of several thousand (literally) books that I would like to get around to reading, and two Jeeps that only get attention when either breakage or impending wheeling trips force the issue.

After thinking on the matter for awhile I've decided that I'm just not happy about any of these things; thus, I've made alterations and begun to spend time doing things that fulfill me.  Lately, I've made time to go out and photograph, work on the Belle-J's axles, help a couple of guys do some frame-off restoration work on a pair of trucks, read a book or three, and otherwise enjoy life.  Scuzzy is correct in that I've basically sat out the recent political retardedness...and even though I do everything possible to avoid discussing politics online (it's one of The Four Great Forbidden Topics) I'll just say this and be done with it: the last two years in American politics have been completely idiotic, and it's given me a severe headache.  Thankfully I've been doing things other than concerning myself with it, and I plan to continue that strategy in the future.

So, to put it simply: I haven't pulled a Full Garbo and simply vanished.  Rather, I've been working on improving my quality of life, doing my best to enjoy my time here on the Surface, and quietly watching the world.  Regardless, I appreciate the concerns expressed; thanks for wondering where I've been.  Jeep On.  [thumbsup]

• cescuzzy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Resident Electrical Wizard (Part-time)
Reply #6

Surely not... ;)

The simplest way to explain my absence is this: I've been more aggressive with making and taking some much-needed time for myself,

Honestly, we could all stand to do more of this.  I've been much the same way for a long while, and it's nice to finally make it to a place where I can indulge in a bit of me time. 
A safety tip in the form of The Seventh Commandment of the Electrical Engineer: Work thou not on energized equipment for if thou doest so, thy friends will surely be buying beers for thy widow and consoling her in certain ways not generally acceptable to thee.

• Florpro
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7

The simplest way to explain my absence is this: I've been more aggressive with making and taking some much-needed time for myself, and when I've combined that effort with my normal work routine I've simply not had a lot of time for much else...and that's okay, because "else" has consumed the vast majority of my efforts for the last four or five years.  I've got an entire darkroom and a dozen cameras that beg to be used, a couple of friends that I rarely make time to see, a library of several thousand (literally) books that I would like to get around to reading, and two Jeeps that only get attention when either breakage or impending wheeling trips force the issue.

After thinking on the matter for awhile I've decided that I'm just not happy about any of these things; thus, I've made alterations and begun to spend time doing things that fulfill me.  Lately, I've made time to go out and photograph, work on the Belle-J's axles, help a couple of guys do some frame-off restoration work on a pair of trucks, read a book or three, and otherwise enjoy life.  Scuzzy is correct in that I've basically sat out the recent political retardedness...and even though I do everything possible to avoid discussing politics online (it's one of The Four Great Forbidden Topics) I'll just say this and be done with it: the last two years in American politics have been completely idiotic, and it's given me a severe headache.  Thankfully I've been doing things other than concerning myself with it, and I plan to continue that strategy in the future.

So, to put it simply: I haven't pulled a Full Garbo and simply vanished.  Rather, I've been working on improving my quality of life, doing my best to enjoy my time here on the Surface, and quietly watching the world.  Regardless, I appreciate the concerns expressed; thanks for wondering where I've been.  Jeep On.  [thumbsup]
Sounds like a great excuse!!
Can't fix stoopid!

• 91AzXJ
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
And here I thought the Pres elect appointed you to be Ambassador to the Dark Side.
Loren<br /><br />2K XJ Mine<br />2011 KK Hers<br />04 TJ RIP / 06KJ the kids

• 91AzXJ
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
I thought that was you I saw on CNN going into Trump Tower!
Loren<br /><br />2K XJ Mine<br />2011 KK Hers<br />04 TJ RIP / 06KJ the kids

Reply #11
Hope you are doing well. I enjoy your insight.
I'm John. I approve this message...I guess