Skip to main content

Topic: 02 Dakota Cooling Issues (Read 84 times)

• redidbull
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
02 Dakota Cooling Issues
My Son was driving home from a ski trip and about 2.5hrs from home he called and said the Dakota was over heating. He said it looked like water was coming from the overflow which didn't surprise me. I had him check a few things and he let it cool. The water levels seemed OK. He said he was going to try to nurse it home and called back in a few minutes saying it was a no go. I told him to get o a hotel and find a shop n the morning.

As he was driving to the hotel the cooling system cooled down and he made it home. I took the truck to work yesterday and it never heated up, the gauge stayed on cold and no heat. I am thinking thermostat. I pulled it today, it appeared closed, but movable but plan on replacing it. Any other thoughts on this? Thanks. Jim

• Florpro
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: 02 Dakota Cooling Issues
Reply #1
That or a sensor. Does it have an electric fan?

• redidbull
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Yes it has an electric but just when the AC is on. Normally a clutch fan for standard driving. Jim

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #3
 Is the clutch still good?

• redidbull
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
That will be the next thing if it is not the thermostat. Thanks. Jim

• redidbull
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Well I got lucky and changed the thermostat and all is good. Thanks for the suggestions. Love it when it is easy. Jim

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #6
Well I got lucky and changed the thermostat and all is good. Thanks for the suggestions. Love it when it is easy. Jim
Love a simple fix ;D