Skip to main content

Topic: Cabin fever....into the garage (Read 223 times)

• SchochAuto
  • [*][*][*]
  • Vendor
  • The Jeeper Reapers
Cabin fever....into the garage
So for the last few days we've been here at the house after the storm, kids are home with us, so was getting a little antsy. My house has a big workshop that I used to run my business out of. Well, when I moved into the new shop a year and a half ago, I never really went got to cleaning it out, it just became a place that collected all my projects and parts and junk. Finally started organizing it, throwing things out, etc. Today I escaped the house and walked down there and started on one side. My Trans Am used to languish in here, but it is now at the shop so I can finish it up. Well, just finished the brakes and frontend and hopefully I'll finish buttoning it up and bring it back home in the next week or so. So that lit a fire under me to get the garage done so it has a place to live again.

I started in the corner where the TA lives, and am working my way across pushing stuff out the doors as I go. I need to make a haul to the dump, the amount of trash is overwhelming. I plan to do that maybe tomorrow or Wednesday. Then I can keep pushing my way across. Eventually the TA and my Scrambler will live here in the back where I cleaned and my kids and I are going to re build my first car, the S10 Blazer in the pic, on the other side. Then they will all three live in here. I also plan on putting a couch in the one corner by the red/black workbench. Already have AC, a stereo, and a fridge in here so all I have to do is wire up my space heater and put the couch in here and I'll have a pretty awesome space.

• Rucas
  • [*]
  • Staff
  • Currently Unsupervised
Re: Cabin fever....into the garage
Reply #1
We need to take a day and do the same with the shop here too ;D

• SchochAuto
  • [*][*][*]
  • Vendor
  • The Jeeper Reapers
Reply #2
That'll take more than a day. LOL

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #3
 Mine is ready for you to come clean next  ;D

• bobthetj03
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • I'm not worthy!
Reply #4
Cleaning the shop is a good thing to have. Some of us don't have a shop.
My Jeep takes me to some pretty cool places!

• bobthetj03
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • I'm not worthy!
Reply #6
I had a pine tree for years...

Shade is shade no matter how you look at it. Oak trees for me.
My Jeep takes me to some pretty cool places!

• 1989comanche
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • 1989 Comanche P/U
Reply #9
All I got is an EZ up. Movable shade😬

• SchochAuto
  • [*][*][*]
  • Vendor
  • The Jeeper Reapers
Reply #10
I had no garage and pea gravel for a while, then a 1 car that was shared with kids toys and yard equipment. Luckily I have an awesome wife that agreed to move up into the sticks to buy a house with a big workshop for me. :)

• SchochAuto
  • [*][*][*]
  • Vendor
  • The Jeeper Reapers
Reply #11
What year TA?

1998. I've had it about 11 years now. Almost 7 years ago I blew up the motor, so I tore the whole thing down to the body to redo it. Stupid young decision. Major regret there. Then I went back to college, had another kid, moved to a new house, started a business, and just now finishing it up. It was a stock automatic LS1 TA, but now it is a built LQ9 6.0L with tons of aftermarket goodies on it and a Tick Stage 2 T56 6-spd, C6 Corvette front brakes, Full tubular front suspension, 150 wet shot of nitrous, and other crap I'm probably forgetting. Should be pretty awesome. :)

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #12
1998. I've had it about 11 years now. Almost 7 years ago I blew up the motor, so I tore the whole thing down to the body to redo it. Stupid young decision. Major regret there. Then I went back to college, had another kid, moved to a new house, started a business, and just now finishing it up. It was a stock automatic LS1 TA, but now it is a built LQ9 6.0L with tons of aftermarket goodies on it and a Tick Stage 2 T56 6-spd, C6 Corvette front brakes, Full tubular front suspension, 150 wet shot of nitrous, and other crap I'm probably forgetting. Should be pretty awesome. :)

Have Lucas finish it up!

• SchochAuto
  • [*][*][*]
  • Vendor
  • The Jeeper Reapers
Reply #14
Have Lucas finish it up!

Lucas is the man, but no one works on or drives my TA but me. :P

It should be done this week though, I had to run bend brake lines because I deleted the ABS, finally got those bent/flared/installed last week and just installed new TREs so I'm going to align it and fix some other small crap this week and then it'll be ready for the road.