Skip to main content

Topic: Cabin fever....into the garage (Read 407 times)

• 357transam
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Flapdisc Fanboy
Re: Cabin fever....into the garage
Reply #15
I demand a start up video....   ;D  [drool]  [drool]

• Rucas
  • [*]
  • Staff
  • Currently Unsupervised
Reply #16
I demand a start up video....   ;D  [drool]  [drool]

We're getting there. Have a vacuum leak to trace. It sounds mean.

• Neomonk21
  • [*][*]
Reply #17
Mine is ready for you to come clean next  ;D

I'm in line after you!

Luckily my garage isn't too bad right now.  It certainly is a mess after putting my lift on my Jeep.  I just got a cheap Craftsman toolbox that will certainly help.  Just need to figure out how I'm going to organize all my tools.

Looks good, @SchochAuto !

• SchochAuto
  • [*][*][*]
  • Vendor
  • The Jeeper Reapers
Reply #18
Got a little more work done here. The piles of trash and scrap metal are starting to pile up. I honestly might have benefitted from a construction dumpster.  ::) I'm going to grab the pickup from the shop next week and start hauling off trash and scrap.  [thumbsup]

I'm over 3/4 of the way done now. I still have the one area over in the corner with the main workbench and some other stuff. The workbench is a disaster filled with junk and leftover parts from projects. And bins of parts from the Scrambler that need to go to the other shop so we can start putting it together at some point.  :)

• SchochAuto
  • [*][*][*]
  • Vendor
  • The Jeeper Reapers
Reply #19
Well, with the exception of hanging my unit heater the garage is done! I finally finished cleaning it out, took two full Suburban loads or trash and I have an easy truckload of scrap too.

Also hooked up the TV to a Roku and got it working, so I've got TV in there now. My in-laws are giving me an old futon of theirs so we have a place to sit too.

Really loving this. Now on to the outside....

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #20
That's a big difference!

• SchochAuto
  • [*][*][*]
  • Vendor
  • The Jeeper Reapers
Reply #21
So moving on to phase two of the cleanup. The outside.

As the inside of the shop was, the outside was also an "out of sight out of mind" deal which was expounded by the fact that leaves were coving stuff. With baseball season starting, we've been using the batting cage next to the shop and I realized just how horrible it was back there. Over the weekend I started cleaning out a bit. I forgot to take a before picture, but the area behind the shop was full of old car parts, scrap metal, wheels, and a decrepit ZJ that has been sitting since I moved to the new shop almost two years ago. I took a full Suburban load of trash to the dump and am going to easily haul a full truck bed load of scrap metal as well. The plan is to clean it up and get the leaves blown off and all the trash thrown out. Then we are going to build a 15x40 carport off the back of the shop that we can store the camper in so we can get rid of the portable garage. The Trailblazer is also going to get put up for sale soon, and hopefully the Formula can either move into the big shop or into the carport in the back, depending on our plans for the Blazer.

• SchochAuto
  • [*][*][*]
  • Vendor
  • The Jeeper Reapers
Reply #23
I like the Formula. I miss my '86 T/A.

Yeah, we call it the Vegas Whore. We've been passing it around for years.

One friend had it, sold it to another friend, I bought it, then eventually gave it to my brother, who sold it to another friend, who sold it to another guy, who I bought it back from, and then sold it back a friend who used to own it, and then ended up buying it back. LOL

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #24
 Dealer tag for the win?
Yeah, we call it the Vegas Whore. We've been passing it around for years.

One friend had it, sold it to another friend, I bought it, then eventually gave it to my brother, who sold it to another friend, who sold it to another guy, who I bought it back from, and then sold it back a friend who used to own it, and then ended up buying it back. LOL

• SchochAuto
  • [*][*][*]
  • Vendor
  • The Jeeper Reapers
Reply #27
My faith in carfax is waning ...

I have zero faith in Carfax. I have had cars come into the shop with a perfectly clear carfax that were obviously wrecked and looked to be fixed by drunk monkeys with tack hammers. Carfax only works if you report the incident.

• redidbull
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #28
A guy I worked with bought a car that had had the motor replaced. It didn't show up on carfax because the guy was a mechanic and did it himself. Something I would like to know before I bought something. Jim

• cescuzzy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Resident Electrical Wizard (Part-time)
Reply #29
My faith in carfax is waning ...

It's not a perfect system, that's for sure.  People will always find a way to cheat each other.
A safety tip in the form of The Seventh Commandment of the Electrical Engineer: Work thou not on energized equipment for if thou doest so, thy friends will surely be buying beers for thy widow and consoling her in certain ways not generally acceptable to thee.