Skip to main content

Topic: Holaday's Jeep Journey (Read 9685 times)

• ShaunSweeney
  • [*]
  • Staff
Re: Holaday's Jeep Journey
Reply #32
You haven't had an iPhone  [thumbsup]

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #33

You haven't had an iPhone  [thumbsup]
Probably wont mess with one , though a better camera is intriguing.

Back on topic , I am looking forward to some Iphondroid pics from Smorr .  [monkey]

• Holaday
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #34

Probably wont mess with one , though a better camera is intriguing.

Back on topic , I am looking forward to some Iphondroid pics from Smorr .  [monkey]

I posted them up in the wheeling thread. Getting the Jeep prepped for Washita NYD. I drained both differentials again and everything looks great for once. I also installed a new top. Really liking the half cab, but I am going to swap the wind jammer for a wrap around version.

• Last Edit: Dec 21, 2014, 08:36 PM by Holaday

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #35

I posted them up in the wheeling thread. Getting the Jeep prepped for Washita NYD. I drained both differentials again and everything looks great for once. I also installed a new top. Really liking the half cab, but I am going to swap the wind jammer for a wrap around version.
Clean differentials is good news ! Not sure what our schedule holds yet , but if we make it to Springfield we will try to make it up to Washita.

• Holaday
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #36

Clean differentials is good news ! Not sure what our schedule holds yet , but if we make it to Springfield we will try to make it up to Washita.

It is nice not to open them up and find missing teeth.
That would be awesome to wheel with you guys!

• davewjcook
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Dogfood Engineer
Reply #37

... Not sure what our schedule holds yet , but if we make it to Springfield we will try to make it up to Washita.

Hmm... Beasley, you may have just talked me into going also.  The wife won't touch Washita since a "fall colors" run where our newbie group ended up on the not-so-newbie trails a couple years ago, but I could probably talk my older son into coming along... Let me know when you know for sure.

Sorry for the thread hijack Holaday... Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

• Holaday
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #38

Hmm... Beasley, you may have just talked me into going also.  The wife won't touch Washita since a "fall colors" run where our newbie group ended up on the not-so-newbie trails a couple years ago, but I could probably talk my older son into coming along... Let me know when you know for sure.

Sorry for the thread hijack Holaday... Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

No worries.  Hope you can come on out

• Holaday
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #39
So I need some help.

I purchased a stock gas tank skid, and I am going to cut an indent, weld it in and make a homemade stretch tank. Looks like I can get 5 inches according to Pirate.  I also recieved a set of 4 Rubicon Express long arms from a buddy.  They measure 33 inches eye to eye.  In theory, could these work?  I would upgrade the joints down the road to metalcloaks conversion.
I was going to use these:  http://www.artecindustries.com/Dual-4-link-Bracket-pair_p_253.html , a simple truss on the year.  The 4 link calculator that I found is for a dual triangulated 4 link.  Is there some way to move the links around on the calculator? 
Thank you for the help on this, I am going to keep reading/researching.
I will be selling my Savvy Uppers and Savvy reaar corners here in the next couple of months too. 

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #40
 Pretty sure that @ruffin4eva will be interested in your rear Savvy arms. Are you talking about the heat and crush stretch method?

• ShaunSweeney
  • [*]
  • Staff
Reply #41
Are the Savvy uppers double adjustable?

• Angrytj
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #42

So I need some help.

I purchased a stock gas tank skid, and I am going to cut an indent, weld it in and make a homemade stretch tank. Looks like I can get 5 inches according to Pirate.  I also recieved a set of 4 Rubicon Express long arms from a buddy.  They measure 33 inches eye to eye.  In theory, could these work?  I would upgrade the joints down the road to metalcloaks conversion.
I was going to use these:  http://www.artecindustries.com/Dual-4-link-Bracket-pair_p_253.html , a simple truss on the year.  The 4 link calculator that I found is for a dual triangulated 4 link.  Is there some way to move the links around on the calculator?
Thank you for the help on this, I am going to keep reading/researching.
I will be selling my Savvy Uppers and Savvy reaar corners here in the next couple of months too.

Are all the arms 33" in length?
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @ tarantula_tj

• Srfnfly227
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #43
Is the calculator that you have the one from Pirate? If so, it is not specific to single or double triangulated. It should allow you to manipulate all of the arm attachment points and therefore you can see the results of any set up you want. 

If you can't find the one from Pirate, I can send it to you on Sunday. I'm out of the country at the moment and am posting from my iPad. Computer is at home.

Another thought about the calc, my experience says that you have to use an actual version of Microsoft Excel. I used Apple's version and Open Office. While both would open the file and allow you to manipulate the data, some of the equations inside the spreadsheet are lost so the final numbers aren't accurate. 

• Holaday
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #44
Looking for a set of 3 inch springs if anyone has some for sale.

Thank you!