Skip to main content

Topic: Holaday's Jeep Journey (Read 9172 times)

• Angrytj
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Holaday's Jeep Journey
Reply #375
Do a full length truss and perhaps even sleeve it and you wont have any flex in the housing.

This is what I have on my front 44 along with sleeves.

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/front_axle_truss
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @ tarantula_tj

• Holaday
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #376
Do a full length truss and perhaps even sleeve it and you wont have any flex in the housing.

This is what I have on my front 44 along with sleeves.

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/front_axle_truss

That is the basically the same as the savvy truss.

I'm not going to bother sleeving it, I am done putting money into a 30.  I should be able to really hammer on this without worry.  Till I upgrade to sticky 37s

• Angrytj
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #377

That is the basically the same as the savvy truss.

I'm not going to bother sleeving it, I am done putting money into a 30.  I should be able to really hammer on this without worry.  Till I upgrade to sticky 37s

Im referring to your new axle
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @ tarantula_tj

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #378
Nothing.  I am keeping the knuckles and brakes for the new axle. 

I have over $1000 in the shafts and joints, Locker just got rebuilt, newer ball joints, solid diff cover, currie mini skids, alloy usa axle seals, newer unit bearings.  Its been a good setup and I would part it out if you want something and not the other. 
I'm already coming by to get the winch (is it ready for pickup?) let me measure the trunk of the Taurus and see if the housing minus the knuckles will fit.

• Holaday
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #379
I'm already coming by to get the winch (is it ready for pickup?) let me measure the trunk of the Taurus and see if the housing minus the knuckles will fit.

Winch is ready.  Axle is stuck in the jeep for 6 more weeks though

• 143Dad
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #382
Need some half doors... $350 with uppers.  You can just clean out my parts stash for me

If Greg doesn't want them I'll come get them, what color?
I've never been poor, poor is just a state mind.<br />I have been broke, broke is a condition brought on by owning a JEEP.

• Holaday
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #384
If Greg doesn't want them I'll come get them, what color?

Sounds like greg doesnt want them.  They are rattle canned silver.  Not the prettiest doors, but I tried to price them accordingly.

I'm in Lebanon all the time if you want me to throw them in my truck sometime 

• 143Dad
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #385
Sounds like greg doesnt want them.  They are rattle canned silver.  Not the prettiest doors, but I tried to price them accordingly.

I'm in Lebanon all the time if you want me to throw them in my truck sometime.

Other then being silver they are clean and rust free? I can and will fix the paint color.

I've never been poor, poor is just a state mind.<br />I have been broke, broke is a condition brought on by owning a JEEP.

• Holaday
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #386

Said goodbye to the half ton.  This should make the trip out east a little easier this summer.

• G Beasley
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Admin
  • Sawzall Surgeon
Reply #387

Said goodbye to the half ton.  This should make the trip out east a little easier this summer.

Bold move,you should test it out with a Dana 30 delivery;D

• Texas TJ
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #388
Daaaang. Lookin good.
If you can't stand behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them!<br><br>

• 143Dad
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #389

I PM'd you back on the door pics did you get it?