Babymoon - March

LowJ

My wife and 16 month kiddo are taking a road trip in March.  This is a twist on a baby moon, yep, number 2 is on the way.  Anyways, the goal was to drive to the Grand Canyon from North Louisiana.... Well that was how it started.  Now the big points of interest are:
Pertrified Forest National Park
Grand Canyon south rim (North is only May to October)
Peach Springs - wheeling trail/road to Colorado River
Terlingua - mining ghost town
Big Bend National Park
abondoned mine in Big Bend near the Mexico boarder, requires some wheeling in National Park

We are taking the gladiator and have a bed cover to store.  2 days of camping and lots of hotels.

Here is the tentative route.

Attachments

• gc overall trip.webp
    gc overall trip.webp
    103.3 KB · Views: 26
Hard Line Rob said:
How was the trip?

Very fun.  Visited 4 national parks, almost crossed the border, did a lot of hiking with a prego wife and 1+ year old besides eating at some crazy (to us) places.  We ended up camping in the grand canyon with snow on the ground and got up to see the sunrise.  Spent downtown in Phoenix one night.  Then did some more hiking and trail riding in Big Bend.

Attachments

• Photo Sep 07, 8 37 07 AM.webp
    Photo Sep 07, 8 37 07 AM.webp
    141.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Photo Sep 07, 8 37 34 AM.webp
    Photo Sep 07, 8 37 34 AM.webp
    142.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Photo Sep 07, 8 37 49 AM.webp
    Photo Sep 07, 8 37 49 AM.webp
    80.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Photo Sep 07, 8 38 37 AM.webp
    Photo Sep 07, 8 38 37 AM.webp
    162.2 KB · Views: 15
LowJ said:
Very fun.  Visited 4 national parks, almost crossed the border, did a lot of hiking with a prego wife and 1+ year old besides eating at some crazy (to us) places.  We ended up camping in the grand canyon with snow on the ground and got up to see the sunrise.  Spent downtown in Phoenix one night.  Then did some more hiking and trail riding in Big Bend.
Shoulda hit me up! 

Hard Line Rob said:
Shoulda hit me up! 

Next time.  I had trouble keeping my eyes on the road in your neck of the woods (and due south of you).  So damn different terrain and appeared to have some many trails in the desert that were temping!

LowJ said:
Next time.  I had trouble keeping my eyes on the road in your neck of the woods (and due south of you).  So damn different terrain and appeared to have some many trails in the desert that were temping!
There are tons of trails within minutes of my house. 

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine