Currie Antirocks

@green50gt I split this off for you.

I have zero experience with them. A guy in a Gladiator on a recent trail ride expressed frustration with his. The caveat being he said he didn't feel he had it configured correctly after recent installation. Take that for what it's worth, probably very little. 😂

I've had an Antirock on my Jeep since initially lifting it in 2011. I would say it caused more body roll, but honestly I never drove the Jeep lifted without the Antirock so I can't say which contributed more.

I will say that I am comfortable with my on road performance and I am extremely happy with it off road. Never once have I felt like it limited me in any way vs just straight up disconnecting.

3" short arm lift
flex.jpeg

3" Mid Arm lift
IMG_2771.webp
IMG_2769.webp

I've had an Antirock on my Jeep since initially lifting it in 2011. I would say it caused more body roll, but honestly I never drove the Jeep lifted without the Antirock so I can't say which contributed more.

I will say that I am comfortable with my on road performance and I am extremely happy with it off road. Never once have I felt like it limited me in any way vs just straight up disconnecting.

3" short arm lift
View attachment 63390

3" Mid Arm lift
View attachment 63391View attachment 63392
Nice flex!

I love my Anit-rock. It's been on the Jeep for what seems like forever now. I'm thinking 10 years. It's been to Colorado, Moab, the Badlands Offroad Park, Cliffs Offroad Park....and has driven to and from all those locations and handles like a champ on the road as well as off.

I have had a few of them, golly I do love them. I haven't paid full price for them since they were like $300 brand new. I think they are almost double that now. Can't say I would be willing to pay that personally. There is a lot to be said for not needing to disconnect your sway bar, but at $500+ I think I could manage.

I have had a few of them, golly I do love them. I haven't paid full price for them since they were like $300 brand new. I think they are almost double that now. Can't say I would be willing to pay that personally. There is a lot to be said for not needing to disconnect your sway bar, but at $500+ I think I could manage.
For us dummies, and with the qualifier we're talking oranges and tangerines here, how would you compare them to the cushy push button Rubicon disco? Would there be an advantage to swapping a factory Rubi disco setup to the Anti Rock?

I do not have any experience with them in anything other than a TJ LJ, so I couldn't say for certain. I can't say I have heard of any issues with the factory rubi discos on the JK+, but if thats the case, then I can't imagine I would do the swap personally.

For us dummies, and with the qualifier we're talking oranges and tangerines here, how would you compare them to the cushy push button Rubicon disco? Would there be an advantage to swapping a factory Rubi disco setup to the Anti Rock?

Is there an advantage? I think it depends on what you are after. I remember several discussions on this on ROF and JF over the years, but the details have gotten a little fuzzy. The Antirock has 2 big advantages. The first is obvious for the TJ folks. There is no need to disconnect anything. You could in theory change the setting of the Antirock, but I don't think anybody does that. Find a hole that gives the performance you want and then set it and forget it. This advantage would be lost on the JK Rubi since it's a push button disconnect.

The second advantage is debatable. A sway bar is going to limit your flex to a degree based on how stiff it is. The stock sway bar is designed for on road stability and will greatly limit things off road. Disconnected completely will maximize your flex, but the theory of the off road sway bar is that at a certain point, flex alone is useless. Without some pressure, or weight, on the tire, it isn't creating any traction. The Antirock is just one version of an off road sway bar which gives stability and traction while limiting flex to the least amount possible.

Last edited:

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine