Field & Forest ~ Fathers Day Weekend 2019

janesy

My club, the Mass Mudders, is renting out F&F Fathers Day weekend once again.

Located in Harrisville, NH.

I know it?s a ways out but if anyone here wants to come up for an awesome weekend of wheelin on the best trails in the northeast just let me know.

Will be about $60-70 per rig and that will include access to the trails and camping (on site) for two nights. There is plenty of trailer parking, wooded camping sites and field camping sites with a handful of electrical hookups as well as a decent bath house.

Gates typically open Friday around noon. Stay and wheel through Sunday afternoon. I?ll follow up with their standard vehicle/trail/campground rules.

Edit: F&F Rules/Requirements

Minimum Vehicle Requirements for Trail Access: 33" Tires, two lockers, and a winch, proper tow points and recovery equipment and fire extinguisher.

Minimum group size for unguided trail runs is two vehicles.

Trail Ratings/Vehicle Requirements: You should not be on our trails without seat belts for all occupants, proper tow points, recovery gear (tow strap, tree saver, etc.), and a fire extinguisher.

- Green/Blue-33? tires/2 functional lockers/functional winch/roll bar (factory or aftermarket) or undamaged factory steel roof

- Black-35? tires/2 functional lockers/functional winch/roll bar (factory or aftermarket) or undamaged factory steel roof (full cage highly recommended)

- Red-37? tires/2 functional lockers/functional winch/full cage

Some notes about minimum rig requirements and wheeling here: Our minimum rig requirements are not a SUGGESTION in order for you to more easily run the trails without rig damage, they are MANDATORY minimums...running these trails with only the minimum equipment will be EXTREMELY difficult. All of our trails carry a strong possibility of body damage, and the less equipped your rig is, the higher the probability for damage is. We strongly recommend competition compound tires for running our red trails...it is not uncommon for some rigs on comp compound tires to pull cable on some of the black trails, and the red trails are likely to have you pulling cable even on comp compound tires. The red trails here will challenge even the most extreme buggies on comp compound tires...trying them on DOT tires will have you very frustrated and challenged to say the least, and likely broken. We have ZERO tolerance for trail blazing/braiding/making new go-arounds...this place is rugged, this is your fair warning.

Tonellin said:
Lots of good breweries...

There's even a really good one just down the street from F&F, Post & Beam Brewing in Peterborough. Stopped there with Willy before getting to F&F back in October.

Would love to see a group from JO here.

Tonellin said:
I'm in for the weekend

Sweet! I'm sure Chris will come as well. Invite any one else that may want to get up there, that you would want to wheel with. I'm sure we will have a handful of lesser built rigs that anyone else new to F&F could group up with too.

Holaday said:
How is camping in June?  Or is it better to get a hotel?

June is great for camping. Not too cold and usually not too hot. I don't personally know of any hotels in the area. Probably a bed & breakfast or two around. But F&F has a decent bathhouse with hot showers.

I've camped there in every month from May-October. May is the worst with the may flies. July/August is hot.

Just talking with a few of the club member last night and we will be looking into a fall trip, possibly a spring trip, but have to look at the availability at F&F and what our schedules are like.

janesy said:
June is great for camping. Not too cold and usually not too hot. I don't personally know of any hotels in the area. Probably a bed & breakfast or two around. But F&F has a decent bathhouse with hot showers.

I've camped there in every month from May-October. May is the worst with the may flies. July/August is hot.

Just talking with a few of the club member last night and we will be looking into a fall trip, possibly a spring trip, but have to look at the availability at F&F and what our schedules are like.

June just opened up for me.  Logan and I will camp then.

Any specific requirements for here?  Like being able to carry a spare tire...

Holaday said:
June just opened up for me.  Logan and I will camp then.

Any specific requirements for here?  Like being able to carry a spare tire...

Camping is right on site. Place is about 90 or so acres but awesome trails all crammed in. Easy to get back to camp for a spare tire/parts.

Your rig is more than capable of everything up to blacks, an easier red is possible, especially if its a dry weekend with hero traction. Wet makes it much more difficult. You'll have a blast at this property, I promise. If you have any friends with rigs that would like to make the trip, just let me know.

Cut & paste from their site:

Minimum Vehicle Requirements for Trail Access: 33" Tires, two lockers, and a winch, proper tow points and recovery equipment and fire extinguisher.

Minimum group size for unguided trail runs is two vehicles.

Trail Ratings/Vehicle Requirements: You should not be on our trails without seat belts for all occupants, proper tow points, recovery gear (tow strap, tree saver, etc.), and a fire extinguisher.

- Green/Blue-33? tires/2 functional lockers/functional winch/roll bar (factory or aftermarket) or undamaged factory steel roof

- Black-35? tires/2 functional lockers/functional winch/roll bar (factory or aftermarket) or undamaged factory steel roof (full cage highly recommended)

- Red-37? tires/2 functional lockers/functional winch/full cage

Some notes about minimum rig requirements and wheeling here: Our minimum rig requirements are not a SUGGESTION in order for you to more easily run the trails without rig damage, they are MANDATORY minimums...running these trails with only the minimum equipment will be EXTREMELY difficult. All of our trails carry a strong possibility of body damage, and the less equipped your rig is, the higher the probability for damage is. We strongly recommend competition compound tires for running our red trails...it is not uncommon for some rigs on comp compound tires to pull cable on some of the black trails, and the red trails are likely to have you pulling cable even on comp compound tires. The red trails here will challenge even the most extreme buggies on comp compound tires...trying them on DOT tires will have you very frustrated and challenged to say the least, and likely broken. We have ZERO tolerance for trail blazing/braiding/making new go-arounds...this place is rugged, this is your fair warning.

Holaday said:
Kind of makes me want to try a red... I dont think i can swing stickies before then though.

We can run the easier couple reds. I did it on DOT tires in my YJ. Not easy but an awesome challenge. Again, weather plays a huge role in the ability to make it, especially without any winching. There are other reds that are nuts tho.

janesy said:
We can run the easier couple reds. I did it on DOT tires in my YJ. Not easy but an awesome challenge. Again, weather plays a huge role in the ability to make it, especially without any winching. There are other reds that are nuts tho.

Cool.  This is on the calendar for me now.  It might be my only long distance trip this year.

For anyone not local that can?t sign up in person beforehand, that wants to register follow this link:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mass-mudders-field-forest-fathers-day-weekend-61419-61619-tickets-61162281029?aff=utm_source%3Deb_email%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dnew_event_email&utm_term=eventurl_text

Nick if you & Chris come to the next meetings you can just sign up then.

It doesn't look like we are going to make it up this weekend. I definently want to get up there sometime this year again. Pretty bummed it didn't work out this time.

bty34 said:
It doesn't look like we are going to make it up this weekend. I definently want to get up there sometime this year again. Pretty bummed it didn't work out this time.

Bummer. I?ll let you know of any other future trips. Lots of other properties to explore in the western Ma/Nh/Vt area we have access to. No problem extending an invite

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine