Overland @Uhwarrie

Jjeeper09

Couple guys in my old club and I will he teaming up for this.. time to make some racks for the Jeep.

https://www.southernxpeditions.com/#

Racks are a last resort for gear storage; keep everything inside if possible, and pack your instant-need stuff in the most accessible locations.

ravenworks said:
I'd be game if I was 20 years younger,look's like that would be a good time.

Overland travel is not rock crawling, and it's not a young man's game: it's a thinking man's game.  Gear storage and recovery and traction aids and all that stuff are the least of your problems: keeping your vehicle running should be the first priority.  Fresh brakes, new fluids, a good radiator, an innertube, a ratchet strap and a transmission cooler will get you much further than all the extra gear in the world.  Go fast, go light, and keep moving.

Sundowner said:
Racks are a last resort for gear storage; keep everything inside if possible, and pack your instant-need stuff in the most accessible locations.

I run a fuel cell, so I would like to have a rack between B and C lower spreader for storage if needed.

We have already planned out how our team is going to pack, I am really using this as a way to get my Jeep into a multi day rig.. instead of camping next to a truck. This event allows us to camp at our truck, but still want to get it built for it.

Jjeeper09 said:
I run a fuel cell, so I would like to have a rack between B and C lower spreader for storage if needed.

Why waste the space and expense of a rack?  Pack lighter.

Jjeeper09 said:
We have already planned out how our team is going to pack, I am really using this as a way to get my Jeep into a multi day rig.. instead of camping next to a truck. This event allows us to camp at our truck, but still want to get it built for it.

Test your packing theory several times before game day.

Jjeeper09 said:

b to c pillar rack is a great idea since you have the fuel cell. id include some vertically off set mounts to get the rack as low as possible above the cell, maybe even multiple shelves.
Sundowner said:
Overland travel is not rock crawling, and it's not a young man's game: it's a thinking man's game.  Gear storage and recovery and traction aids and all that stuff are the least of your problems: keeping your vehicle running should be the first priority.  Fresh brakes, new fluids, a good radiator, an innertube, a ratchet strap and a transmission cooler will get you much further than all the extra gear in the world.  Go fast, go light, and keep moving.
go fast? COIL OVERS!!!

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine