• Round

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Square

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Competition LED

Slide1.webp

I'm fighting this now cause I didn't like my square pods where the factory fogs were on my bumper. a 4.5"-5" round pod would be better in that location, IMO.

Could the round use 5 leds in a circle pattern? It might not be much larger overall that way. Wonder what light pattern fun would be had there...

We've been working on some different designs utilizing the current pods we already spent time designing and building. The round design gives people more choices depending on their preference. I'm glad to see pros and cons both, as we all know, making your Jeep look "yours" is much of the enjoyment of our culture. The size of the ring is not by chance being 4 inch. It is very small making it not a huge add to the pod, and it fits many stock fog light locations. Chev 3/4 and 1 ton, F150, and even the Yamaha YXZ headlights. There are also a lot of CJ and even TJ owners that feel the square pod just doesn't fit the look of the more classic round headlight/less modern look. It also gives you the ability to stack a bunch in a row using different beams, and giving you a much different look. We ran our first set out at KOH for night running with the turbo rzr, I know it's not a jeep, but you can get an idea of what you could do with these.
20180217_121351.webp

I like square there. The windshield is a rectangle and the side mirror is pretty much a square. Adding the circular light just looks off for some reason.

Offering the round gives folks some flexibility, and I certainly like that.  For the CJ/TJ/JK/JL crowd, the appeal to these for me is in bumper mounted applications; however, the round housing with a square light inside it wouldn't be my first choice because for me, it would be more important to match the shape of the headlight lenses.  As such is probably choose a light to replace the factory fogs that had a round lense as well.

As the later platforms are a mix if round and square, either works reasonably well. I like the round because it's different.  8)

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine