suddenly no speedo or tach

Hi Bad-
My Jeep is a 1999 GC Laredo 6 cyl. On startup (barely cranked but did fire up) with low battery (Just found ignition switch had been left in Acc) instrument needles swept full range and back to zero- later I noticed that check engine light (which had been on- vapor code) had gone off.
Seems to run fine otherwise, but smog check is coming soon- Hope it is a fuse and not the computer.
Any help or encouragement will really be appreciated.
Bill

Full disclosure: this info is third hand, if not anecdotal.

A friend had similar issues with a GC a few months ago. A cluster replacement fixed his. Not fun, but better than the computer. Hopefully yours is something simple!

Unrelated to the low battery by mistake, a battery on its way out did all sorts of strange things to my ‘02 WJ back in the day. It might be worth getting the battery tested if it’s older before throwing parts at it.

Don't have the Jeep where I can work on it till the weekend, but is this instrument in-op condition covered in shop manual?
Seems to me that the Tach-Speedo needles across the dial on attempted low voltage start has been mentioned (on a Mazda) to me before. Am going to check fuse #17, which is called out in my Owners Manual as controlling instrument cluster.
Anybody with Shop Manual?
Bill

Went out to the airport and looked for the Jeep's fuse panel. After literally standing on my head I located it and pulled fuse 17,- instrument cluster. Fuse was unblown, so I put it back. Now Tach and speedo work! Go figure...
Next I tackle the check engine light for gas tank evaporation filter.
Bill

Went out to the airport and looked for the Jeep's fuse panel. After literally standing on my head I located it and pulled fuse 17,- instrument cluster. Fuse was unblown, so I put it back. Now Tach and speedo work! Go figure...
Next I tackle the check engine light for gas tank evaporation filter.
Bill
Fixed is fixed! Even better if it's easy. 😎

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine