Swamplake trail nature pics

aw12345

A Friend and me spend 3 days in the sierras around Shaverlake Northern California. Ran Swamplake trail, gorgeous scenery, but not enough obstacles for my liking.Still was a fun *lil trail Liked this thingy the most

camping 015 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Is right after this :D

camping 011 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

camping 013 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Some views on the way

camping 009 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Fast Freddy chillin

camping 008 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Home ward bound

camping 049 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

camping 038 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

camping 031 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

camping 030 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

camping 028 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

camping 021 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

camping 010 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Also ran part of the Dusy from Kaiserpass to Ershim lake and back all in 3 full days of fun and wheelin .

Here is a lil recap of our trip
Met at my bud's house at 5 AM Wednesday morning, drove 300 miles to Shaverlake CA, then another 21 miles to the trailhead of Swamp lake. Drove 5-6 miles of dirtroad to the actual trail, then ran half the trail to Grouse lake got there at 3.30 PM
Setup up camp did a bit of fishing and hiking made dinner relaxed a lil for a change watched bats pick bugs of the water surface was way cool and turned in for the night.
Thursday was a hard day made us feel old lol.
Finished Swamplake trail, hunted for our trailers, then drug the whole shebang up too kaiserpass found out we couldn't park at the trailhead, fun lil road for trailers in parts the road. Was at the most 1 foot wider than the trailers, rock wall on one side couple a thousand feet drop on the other and steep. Turned around, backtracked a few miles found an area to park unloaded the Jeeps and started rocking. Nine miles of continues crawling and still made the campground before dark, man that day made me feel sore and old
Got there at 5.30PM Setup camp ate dinner relaxed watched the stars before hitting the sack.
Friday morning got up ate breakfast, packed up our junk, hit the trail, we kinda took it easy since both Jeeps were a bit low on gas.
Got to the trailers and made the fun drive back to civilization. Hit Clovis CA around 1.30PM ate lunch got gas and headed home which brought more fun. My bud's truck or trailer started vibrating real bad on the highway and took us quite awhile to figure out after screwing around and pulling off the road several times I found that one of his trailer tires had a tire casing failure. Once we had that changed we hit the road and made it home around 10.30 pm. Funny how I find this stuff relaxing

G Beasley said:
Great pictures Art . As crazy as the taxes and laws are the trails would make it tolerable for me .

You and me both, and I never thought I would say that about the West Coast.  Beautiful land, out there.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine