2001 TJ Farm jeep

RokAddict85

The other Greg
We're back with another episode of I'm an idiot. Welcome to yet another project, hopefully less intensive this time. 01 4.0, 3 speed auto, 77k miles. It's spent most of it's life sitting around on a farm, getting driven occasionally around town. It's quite dusty and dirty but I'm not seeing any rust concerns yet.
Some interesting mods done to it, including some type of aftermarket hard top, an old skyjacker 2.5 lift, and the real kicker... What looks to be a set of early G2 Dana 44 axles front/rear. I was told they have a locker rear/limited slip front. It also came with a set of half doors.

First upgrade is I'm replacing the nasty 24 year old carpet with full bed rug kit.
1000001998.webp

1000001999.webp

Oil, oil filter, air filter got changed, and started swapping the worn out factory and skyjacker arms with a full set of metal cloaks, luckily I had yet to sell them from my bed liner jeep. Immediately tossed in the scrap bin, they were toast and I'm sure the source of some of the clunks I hear while driving.

Went ahead and ordered an sye, I'll order an Adam's when I get that in and can measure. Soon I'll be able to ditch that transfer case drop. Only things staying from the lift are the coils and shocks, which seem to ride fine.

1000002033.webp

1000002034.webp

Finally got the front lower arms in, found the driver's side was loose, auto adjustable caster! I deleted the cam bolts and have MC arms all around now. Also I redid the rear driveshaft as I had a few 1310s laying around, but it won't last long, when doing the last u joint it looks like the yoke is slightly bent putting too much pressure on the joint, so it's super hard to rotate. It needed new joints though, they were toast. I've got sye ordered, so looks like I'll have to do it sooner and go ahead and get Adams drive shaft.

1000002272.webp

1000002270.webp

Crowd funding for camel seats?!
I've got my eyes set on the Mastercraft black/tan seats actually lol... But I need to get through the maintenance and I'm thinking of new wheels/tires first. It's so over geared with what I believe to be 4.10s and 31s, I'm thinking of stepping up to 32s to help. The spare doesn't match, and the wheels are showing their age so I'm hoping I can swing it soon. 3k rpm at 65 currently!

A long time ago I ran 3.73s and 32s, it was ok but yeah it's screaming on the interstate lol. I think it is 4.10 based off of rpm, speed, and the Novak calculator. There is some type of auto locker in the rear also, I can tell by the driving characteristics. Didn't really want to but I think I'll pop both covers off and see what's in there.

Lunchtime wrenching! Resolved my lack of washer fluid, the little hose was installed backwards and the plastic fitting has a check valve (up by the hood connection), flipped it around and it works great now.

Also since I am pretty much using this as a daily I'm trying to improve the comfort a bit. Adding a bit of sound deadener to trans tunnel and around floor boards. Not doing a ton as this is one of the quieter jeeps I've owned but with no over drive the engine noise is pretty loud above 50. Eventually I'll add a bit to the rear fenders but that requires taking out the kids car seats which is a pain.

1000002288.webp

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine