2006 LJ P2074

Srfnfly227

Asking the community for some help with engine code P2074 on a 2006 LJ Rubicon.

Driving in to work this morning, the Jeep suddenly lost power on the highway. The engine slowly reduced to idle while I pulled to the shoulder and as soon as I came to a stop, the engine shut off. I got it restarted on the first try and continued on the shoulder to the first exit, but the same thing happened. I was about 2 miles from work and had to restart the Jeep 4 times total. Once I got it parked, I did the ignition on off trick and P2074 is the only code.

Another symptom. Yesterday while driving around town, I noticed that it would occasionally buck while at a constant speed and RPM. Felt like the computer was closing the throttle on it's own. The hesitation (bucking feeling) would only last about half a second and then would be back to normal.

Idle is fine. No weird noises. Doesn't seem to be dependent on AC on or off.

Damn do I love the internet. As it turns out, I've had this problem before. From my build thread in 2014:

"I went about 2 and half years without wheeling so really the only other Jeep related stuff had been trying to track down a rough idle. Then this spring, while driving to the airport, the Jeep bucked while driving and the engine dropped to about 2000 rpm.  It stayed there while the Jeep decelerated, regardless of what I did with the gas pedal.  I turned on my flashers and pulled in to a left turn lane.  While stopping, I pushed in the clutch and the engine immediately dropped off and smoothly stalled.  Check engine light came on and I pulled the codes.  It restarted and drove fine all the way to the airport.  I was not so fortunate driving home though.  Had to pull over four or five times because of the same conditions that I had driving to work. It showed one code, P2074-MANIFOLD PRESSURE/THROTTLE POSITION CORRELATION- HIGH FLOW/VACUUM LEAK, so I picked up a new TPS sensor and installed it. That did the trick and I haven't had any trouble with it since. Though the idle still isn't perfect, it is improved and I'm not too concerned."

I called my dealership and they ordered me a new TPS. It will be in tomorrow and I'm going to cross my fingers that it solves the issue again.

So a follow up here. I cleared the code by disconnected the battery for a few minutes. The Jeep drove home great so i decided I would leave as is. Went on my wheeling trip with the new TPS packed up and drove for the entire weekend without trouble. A little over 500 miles including about 40 on and between the trails.

I?ve since put the new TPS in, but not until after I got a new code. P0441 this time. Disconnected the battery and changed the TPS. So far so good, but I?ve only driven about 50 miles since.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine