2BRITE - TexasTJ’s Hypergreen JKUR

TexasTJ

Drove 10 hours round trip today to pick up our next Jeep venture. 2016 Rubicon in Hypergreen with 114k miles. My wife wasn't able to make the trip with me, so I borrowed the dually, hooked up the trailer and hit the road.

Factory options: Leather (with heated seats), connectivity group, automatic transmission, automatic temperature control, body-colored flares and hard top, Alpine 9 speaker system, remote start.

Looks to be completely stock, with the exception of the nerf bars, dimples on door handles, and green rings on AC vents.

Attachments

• IMG_0340.webp
    IMG_0340.webp
    542.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0337.webp
    IMG_0337.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0338.webp
    IMG_0338.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0334.webp
    IMG_0334.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0345.webp
    IMG_0345.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0346.webp
    IMG_0346.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0347.webp
    IMG_0347.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0349.webp
    IMG_0349.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
MODS:

Nilight 2" trailer hitch receiver kit with 4 pin wiring harness
Alien Sunshade 2-piece

Last edited:
So this is going to be a slow build. Gonna leave it stock for a bit to recover from the purchase. Long term goal is Fusion 4x4 D60/14 bolt axles, and 40" tires. Longer term goal is L96 (6.0L V8)/4L60E and Atlas.

I don't want to do things twice, so I probably won't lift it or do bigger tires any time soon. I may start adding armor and small things as I save up for the tons, that way it's ready to go once the tons are underneath. We're planning on running the Rubicon Trail in 2030.

Long build indeed! Dibs on the axles when you yank them out! In all seriousness you will find that the JKUR is a stout wheeler / belly dragger right out of the gate.

Nothing too spectacular, but I installed a cheap hitch so I can take the bikes, and a 2-piece Alien Shade. Word of advice, wait until the entire hard top is off before attempting to install a sunshade.

Attachments

• IMG_0392.webp
    IMG_0392.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0396.webp
    IMG_0396.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0400.webp
    IMG_0400.webp
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0407.webp
    IMG_0407.webp
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0406.webp
    IMG_0406.webp
    231.8 KB · Views: 6
Both? I’d definitely say my preference is trail, and that’s the primary use for my rack. But last year I picked up a gravel bike to commute on, which came in handy for the 6 weeks I couldn’t drive the Range Rover last summer. Mostly I commute to improve my fitness for mountain biking.

Made some DIY door hangers for the garage. Made a second set for the rears, but haven't taken them off yet. Also added some 2" stick on blind spot mirrors. The Jeep wouldn't remote start since I test drove it. Battery was reading at 9.7V even after sitting on the charger over night. Quick trip to Costco for a new AGM battery, and it fires right up with remote start.

Another thing of note is, the oil cooler is leaking a little bit, but I knew that when I bought it. I've also noticed when I make a tight turn to the driver side, my ABS and traction control lights turn on. Pulled the codes and I get C1015 and U140A, indicating front right wheel speed sensor. After I straighten up and drive to the end of the driveway, the lights go off. So I'm not sure if its the sensor, or the wiring for the sensor.

Jeep rides pretty smooth, tracks straight, and the engine is nice and quiet (especially compared to my 4.0 with cracked exhaust manifold.) Loving this thing almost as much as my 2 year old!

Attachments

• IMG_0427.webp
    IMG_0427.webp
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0431.webp
    IMG_0431.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0429.webp
    IMG_0429.webp
    226.2 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0433.webp
    IMG_0433.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 230
Starting to plan out the future build. Obviously starting with a stock canvas. Would it make more sense to get all of the armor situated (bumpers, 8-lug tire carrier, winch, sliders, flares, skids, corner armor) then roll around on 32s and no lift while I save up for the tons, suspension, wheels/tires. Or should I go for the tons, suspension, wheels, tires first, then have a 1 ton Jeep on 40s with stock body/no armor for a bit while I save up for the armor. Keeping in mind, this is not a DD, so in the mean time it's a weekend cruiser, until it becomes a dedicated wheeler.

Rough idea on build specs:
Nemesis or Motobilt flares
Nemesis or Motobilt corner armor
Cavfab or Motobilt bumpers
Cavfab 8-lug tire carrier
Warn Zeon 10s
Motobilt or EVO slideres (weld on)
Skids (TBD)

Fusion 4x4 D60 front axle, 14 bolt rear axle, 5.38, ARB locker, 72" WMS
Rock Krawler or Metal Cloak coils (length TBD)
Shocks (TBD)
Control arms (TBD)
KMC Machete or Grenade 8-lug beadlocks 17"
40" tires (TBD)
PSC hydro-assist

Last edited:
Meh pictures, I know.

Picked up a set of NIB Quadratec Gen II Stealth LED headlights from a guy who totaled his JK before installing them.
Then another guy gave me his OEM LED fog lights since they didn’t fit his new bumper. They seem to have a nasty flicker, so probably gonna need an anti flicker harness.

In my non-technical review, I’m very happy with the Quadratec Gen IIs, especially for the price paid. Glad I found these instead of ordering up some TruckLites.

Attachments

• IMG_0493.webp
    IMG_0493.webp
    357.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0492.webp
    IMG_0492.webp
    510.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0491.webp
    IMG_0491.webp
    735 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0488.webp
    IMG_0488.webp