Ceramic Brake Pads

AeroBoost

Forgive my ignorance...

YEARS ago; I put ceramic brake pads on the front of my car and they made the ABS act up. The thing almost wouldn't stop in low speed situations, like being in a parking lot, because the ABS immediately kicked in and started pulsing. After going back and forth with the parts house about the lifetime warranty; I put the regular ones on it, everything went to normal and I haven't touched ceramic pads since (that I know of).

So, fast forward about 20yrs and I'm going to put brakes on my daughter's car. The only thing I can find is ceramic.

Is what happened to me a fluke? Has anybody else had that happen? Has the potential problem been fixed?
I don't want to take this thing apart any more than I have to, and I definitely don't want to give her something that's not going to work.

Thanks

Perhaps it's possible - but can't see how. The ABS relies on wheel speed sensing for functionality. If that can happen it'd be interesting to learn how. 😉

I'm as baffled as you. As well as everybody else.
but it happened...
'standard' pads fixed it. I never had that problem again in 21yrs of owning that car.

I ordered the parts last night. obviously got ceramic.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine