Corolla NC Oct 2012 .

G Beasley

Staff member
Just got done vacuuming/ brushing out all the sugar sand from inside of the jeep . Sugar sand is the debil ! The clean up was worth it though as I had a great time wheeling in the sand again . Some of the old spots are still around , and I managed to find a few of the wild horses .
When I lived at the beach all of us ran worn out all terrains as they were tried and true . With that being said I was expecting to have some issues with the Destination MTs deep lugs in the sand . One of the cardinal rules of going out on the beach is to air down , but I wanted to see what the MTs would do at full pressure . Surprisingly enough there was little to no digging issues and I was able to run in 2wd unless there was a dune or heavy washout . The Destination MTs were a good performer in the sand. The only negative over the last 10,000 miles I can find is that the corners of the lugs are starting to cut up a little . There is still a lot of tread , I wonder how many miles I will get out of them ? Enough talking heres a few pictures from the Outer Banks of N.C.

Corolla58.jpg

Happy sign .
Corolla42.jpg

Some of the locals were rowing net with a Dory . Tough work , but they had nice weather for it .
Corolla22.jpg

All the way at the North end on the NC / VA state line . Long ago you could drive all the way up to VA Beach .
Corolla20.jpg

One of the remaining open areas . Lots of fun in the "outback".
Corolla16.jpg

Another outback shot .
Corolla11.jpg

My kids would have gone nuts for all this if they were with me .
Corolla33.jpg

The back roads are where you usually find the horses .
Corolla52.jpg

At the end of the day as I was leaving the horses came out to the beach .
Corolla10.jpg

Down south in Kill Devil Hills .

Sundowner date=1391013730 said:
That's a nice bit of scenery you posted, there.  Any reason to not get a beach run organized for the summer?
We will be there for the month of June , so I am open to a beach run . Its a lot more crowded then than when I took the pictures in October .

G Beasley said:
We will be there for the month of June , so I am open to a beach run . Its a lot more crowded then than when I took the pictures in October .

That might be workable on my end, but why not just wait until October?

Sundowner date=1391049371 said:
That might be workable on my end, but why not just wait until October?
Sept and Oct are the nicest time to be on the Outer Banks , I try to go down for at least a long weekend every fall .

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine