Documenting my automotive ADD

Pulled the interior out of the buggy. Have a small transmission fluid leak, need to give it a good cleaning and nut & bolt check.

PXL_20231102_184441623.webp
PXL_20231102_184418105.webp

So much work! You are a wild man with how much you wrench and work .

It's nothing like it used to be. Since our daughter was born, my shop time has become non-existent. I used to be in the shop basically all the time if I wasn't at work. Nowadays I'm lucky to get out there a couple times a month. Luckily I've got several months before our next planned trip so should give me enough time.

Still slowly making progress on the dirt work for the new shop. Maybe I can actually get it built next summer or fall.

I've got a backlog of projects I need to get done. Drivetrain swap and 4x4 conversion on Dad's XJ. Get the beater XJ fixed up and ready for the wife to start wheeling some next year. Car trailer needs a fresh coat of paint. Plus keeping up with maintenance on the normal vehicles.

Y'all are out of the chicken business though right? Did that free up any time? And you still wrench more than anyone I know other than the other Greg !

Got a free 12x24 storage building last week. Built a pad for it, covered the pad with rocks and hauled the building into place. Unloading the building was actually easier than getting it loaded. Have more rocks to put out around the edge of the pad, just ran out of time.

Went ahead and put R-19 insulation and house wrap underneath. Going to replace all the exterior metal siding and the roof next. Then insulate the walls and roof. Once I get it all fixed up, it will be where I store the buggy so I can stop having to keep it in the shop.

PXL_20231108_195539084.webp
PXL_20231110_143955815.webp
PXL_20231110_154941098.webp
PXL_20231114_204612393.webp

Greg, posted a for sale thread

Found a guy on marketplace that had a complete set of Rough Country seat covers for $50. Sent him a message and he said he was tired of them sitting in the garage so just come get them for free. Ran them through the washer and dryer and they're pretty much like new.

Got them installed today. Sorry for the dark pics, was running out of light by the time I finished.

PXL_20240126_223749411.webp
PXL_20240126_223758246.webp

Got new wheels for the JLU. Might be a couple weeks or so before I get new tires and get them installed. No pictures of the actual wheels, I'm working nights this week so literally just stacked the boxes in the shop when they got delivered. They're satin black, the picture makes them look gray.

Anyone with a JK or JL, Summit had these wheels for $125 each which is a very good price.

Screenshot_20240305-161642.webp

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine