Documenting my automotive ADD

G Beasley said:
I saw those and wanted to make up something to do with them for the deal!

He even delivered them all the way from Wilmington for $500. He was heading to Charlotte for the weekend so it was just a little bit out of his way.

Finally got my little wannabe Jeep fixed and put on the road.

PXL_20230803_232154848.webp

Looks like a nice start!
Thanks. Overall, I'm happy with it. Runs and drives great, AC is cold and it's basically stock which were all things I was wanting but hard to find in the price point I was searching.

This is the first Wrangler I've ever owned that wasn't a complete basket case, non-running project so I'm looking forward to enjoying it.

Looks like a great place to start!

I’m always amazed at how well my dad’s 2-door ‘07 X drives. The 4.11 gears and the 6-speed are great with 285’s. We kept things simple as well, and all we’ve done is a newer soft top and take-off AEV front and rear bumpers.

Looks like a great place to start!

I’m always amazed at how well my dad’s 2-door ‘07 X drives. The 4.11 gears and the 6-speed are great with 285’s. We kept things simple as well, and all we’ve done is a newer soft top and take-off AEV front and rear bumpers.

Planning to keep this simple as well. Probably a set of take off wheels and tires from a newer Willy's or Rubicon with a 255 size tire.

New top, wheels and tires and maybe some bumpers if I find a good deal is all that's planned for now. It's just going to be a driver for awhile and maybe a few trips to URE here and there.

Nice little JK! Hannah loves hers and so do I after wheeling it in Moab and driving it home from Montana. I think they are the most bang for the buck now that the Cheap XJ's are mostly gone.

Looks like the buggy did well , are you happy with how it performed?
Extremely happy with how the buggy performed. It climbs well, doesn't unload on off camber situations and seems very stable.

The only "complaint" I can think of is it rides a little rough when driving between trails. But that is just a consequence of air shocks setup with only around 4-5" of uptravel and has nothing to do with the buggy itself.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine