Dusy Ershim trail

aw12345

Fred and me had a ball, we went in from south to North. First night we spend at the start of the trail at voyager rock
Could not find the chicken on chicken rock, but loved Thompson hill, it rocks. First day we covered 14.5 miles, darn that is hard traveling took us 7 hours to get to the Eastlake campground. The carnage for that day was 2 loose nuts on the lower control arms and one broken sway bar bolt, not bad the first day and the biggest problem for the day was that I had to fix my leaking propane stove with some silicone , worked like a charm, waking up to make coffee and your stove konks out that just sucks
Next day we took it easy did the 5 miles to Ershim lake in about 2 hours spend the rest of the day hiking and fishing and shooting some pics. From Ershim lake to Lake camp lake was a lot of fun had some very nice obstacles at the start and scattered along the way. Also took 2 hours and we goofed of the rest of the day me shooting pictures and Fred depleting the lake of fish. The last day on the trail was the bom, obstacle after obstacle, got to love it add to that the absolutely stunning scenery and you got a great start of the day, The closer we got to whitebark vista the worse it got. Also took us about 2 hours. At the end of it I wanted to turn back and run the last part the other way to just get it out of the way and be able to say I did that also. Fred did not want to go for it though, and it made sense, might as well stop while you are ahead and did not break anything. Overall a absolutely great trip with no hold ups due to breakage and a great trail that was challenging and gnarly and tore up in places that made it all that more challenging,

http://public.fotki.com/aw12345/dusy-ershim/

Start of the adventure

badmonkey date=1380503744 said:
I gotta get out there someday.  🙂   Glad you guys had fun.  You tow with the Nissan?

Yup lil Nissan had quite the challenge on the 10 mile climb just before Shaverlake.  Flat towed my Jeep to Moab also.
Towed my lil and big Jeep countless time to the Hammers with it too, was a good lil truck, not enough power and to small a fuel tank, otherwise it was a very reliable and comfortable truck

Darn 4 years ago already, time flies. The dusy starts out 20 miles out of town and away from civilization, then it's 30 miles long, at the end it's roughly another 20 miles of mountain driving back to town.  You want solitude then this is the place for ya, just don't break your rig halfway  into your trip, it's a long way away from any kind of help.

No reason you cannot hit the trail just before or after doing the Rubicon.
You can easily spend a week or more in the Shaverlake area. Swap lake trail and Coyote trail are in the area and some easier scenic ones. Dusy doesn't open till after August 2 nd

aw12345 date=1380558675 said:
No reason you cannot hit the trail just before or after doing the Rubicon.
You can easily spend a week or more in the Shaverlake area. Swap lake trail and Coyote trail are in the area and some easier scenic ones. Dusy doesn't open till after August 2 nd
I think this has become a must run for me after seeing the pictures , I cant wait to get out there and get to elevation .

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine