Favorite Gun

I can't say that I've found my favorite gun yet. How ever... my latest addition to the family is the funnest. A simple ruger 10/22 stainless with hogue stock. 22's are just plain fun to shoot. And the big boxes are appearing again and prices are dropping on 22lr!

My H&K VP9. Because it's the best damn gun I've ever shot. My H&K USP .45 is a close second. The VP9 goes everywhere with me.

Jeffro06 said:
My H&K VP9. Because it's the best damn gun I've ever shot. My H&K USP .45 is a close second. The VP9 goes everywhere with me.
Walther PPQ. Poor mans VP9.
I really liked my Walther CCP as an edc compact in a Kydex holster. It fit my big sweaty hands and shot smooth.

Over simplified question. Easy choice for me though. My Foremost (made by Marlin for JC Penney) semiauto .22. My dad got it for me when I was 12. That would be 1971, and it still looks new. Still shoots well too after uncountable number of rounds.

oldschool said:
Over simplified question.

Oh, absolutely it is...and we all know that it shouldn't be, because those of us that've had a lot of boom sticks in our hands know that no matter what criteria you include or exclude from the selection set/process, we're still going to have a gun that's our favorite for some reason or another.  Those reasons might be objective, subjective, nostalgic, nonsensical, or anywhere in between...but we'll still have one.  I was curious to see what people would come up with, and why.

Still, it's not a simple choice...at least not for me.  Would it be easier if I broke it down?

Favorite Handgun?
Favorite Rifle?
Favorite Shotgun?

I have 10 or so, but I'm not much of a gun nut, so I don't really have a favorite. The only one that ever leaves the safe is my S&W snub nose that I conceal carry, so I guess that's my favorite.

Sundowner said:
Oh, absolutely it is...and we all know that it shouldn't be, because those of us that've had a lot of boom sticks in our hands know that no matter what criteria you include or exclude from the selection set/process, we're still going to have a gun that's our favorite for some reason or another.  Those reasons might be objective, subjective, nostalgic, nonsensical, or anywhere in between...but we'll still have one.  I was curious to see what people would come up with, and why.

Still, it's not a simple choice...at least not for me.  Would it be easier if I broke it down?

Favorite Handgun?
Favorite Rifle?
Favorite Shotgun?
I guess it was an easy choice for me for sentimental reasons. I like them all, or would not have them. I don't think breaking it into categories really helps make decision easier. However, it makes it more complete.
My answer would be:
Handgun - S&W 686 .357 with 4" barrel. It was also my youngest sons favorite, so it transferred to him a few years ago. Now would probably be SR1911C .45, or S&W  snub nose .357 that is my concealed carry go to.
Rifle - Same answer as before. Although the Marlin model 336 30/30 would be second.
Shotgun - H&R Topper Jr 20 gauge that I also had since about 1973. This one has went to my daughter in law. So now I guess it would be Ithaca feather weight 20 gauge pump.

As you might guess, I'm a bit of a gun guy, always have been, will probably die that way.

Handgun: Colt Delta Elite, or my (sorry in advance) Glock 19 (has a few little upgrades).
Rifle: Marlin 336, because who doesn't like cowboy rifles?! AR-10
Shotgun: Doesn't matter to me as long as it'll kill birds.

oldschool said:
So what's yours? ???

What's my favorite gun?  The next one.  😀

In all seriousness, it really is hard to choose...but right near the top of the list is a Model 60-2 Combat Magnum.  Also in the running would be an Ithaca 200E, a Marlin Model 375, and an early-production Thompson-Center with a 21" .250 Savage barrel that was built by Mike Bellm way back in the day.  I shoot all of those guns fairly well, and they all have some nostalgia and special connections.

My wife says if I bring home another one, she will use it on me. Normally wouldn't phase me, but she's a good shot...
That brings me to another question. How many guns are enough?

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine