Finally taken off DD duty-JJeeper09 Build

Jjeeper09

Okay, so I am moving future build info and updates to this forum. I enjoy what I see and seems to have all my favorite people from other forums so here it goes.

So I have a modified 2004 Jeep Rubicon with 60k. Right now, it has a semi pieced together lift with Bilstein shocks and mixture of coils. Roughly around 72inches to the top of the windshield and 19 to the frame. Here are current specs

BTF roll cage w/ rear additions
35x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's
Bilstein 12inch shocks in the front-11inch in the rear
Outboarded rear with custom hack frame job
Rokman Lower arms
OMS front upper CA's
RK 4link rear uppers w/Truss
RCI 2152 fuel cell w/ genright ring
Custom front bumper
Hella E-codes
Custom flat T-case skid
Xenon flat flairs
Rampage soft top/Hard top
Currie Track bar
and a lot of random mods

So the plans are

New seats-Mastcraft Rubicons
Custom front and rear suspensions with equal travel up and down
Poly front cage addition w/ custom additions
Stretch the rear frame out and tie it into cage-using stock frame
PS Defender highlines
Savvy Under-armor
Savvy AL corners & sliders
Currie anti-rock
Currie Steering
Strip axles and re-gear to 5:13
Poly Ball joints
Barnes front bumper-with custom additions
Brown dog MML
New wheels-not sure on this one yet
Secret tire 😉

I have a lot of brackets, tabs, and DOM tubing stocked up, but will be purchasing things in the next few months to start the build with most of the things I need. there are things I am forgetting, but will update as I go along.

I am planning on having a really reliable Jeep, and also something to drive on the weekends. I feel at this point I haven't been able to really indulge into this build like I want and now with it being taken off DD or any daily driving, I am going to start the build.
Most of the work with happen over the next few months, with the major suspension happening down the road.

Cheers! 👍

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408574456.742779.webp
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408574456.742779.webp
    33.8 KB · Views: 328
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408574469.432087.webp
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408574469.432087.webp
    37 KB · Views: 320
Glad to see the build over here , Jeep-Owner is growing nicely thanks to fellow Jeepers like you . Have you looked at the Corbeaus ? They are a lot easier on the pocket than the Mastercrafts but I dont think they are made in the USA like the MasterCrafts are .Theres good an bad that can come from not having to drive your rig. You can tear it way down now , but you dont want to take it off the road too long or you might get bored with it . Either way I look forward to seeing what you come up with .

I'm looking into the mastercraft nomads. I do believe in my case taking it off road duty for awhile will get my build going in the right direction. I'm going to complete it by early spring and hopefully take it one a nice trip out west.

Jjeeper09 date=1408581838 said:
I'm looking into the mastercraft nomads. I do believe in my case taking it off road duty for awhile will get my build going in the right direction. I'm going to complete it by early spring and hopefully take it one a nice trip out west.

I took mine off road duty 4 years ago and it's still on jack stands  [monkey] 

I have bought and mildly built/run 3 TJ's since that time and changed build directions about 100 times as well as let it sit for over a year. Just make out a plan before you stop driving it and stick to the plan  [laugh]

mattamd_xp date=1408582356 said:
I took mine off road duty 4 years ago and it's still on jack stands  [monkey]

I have bought and mildly built/run 3 TJ's since that time and changed build directions about 100 times as well as let it sit for over a year. Just make out a plan before you stop driving it and stick to the plan  [laugh]
Yup figure out your ultimate build plan for the hardest trailyou ever want to run, then built it, dail it in and leave it alone . From there just wheelin and maintenance, is about the best plan I ever came up with. Built it one time and be done, save a lot of coin

Yeah. There are some things I want to accomplish to make it ride perfect in the area I live.

Main problem now is the suspension and steering. The front just isn't tight so poly ball joints, Timken unit bearings, and currie steering going in. Some random clicking sounds when I come to a stop. Don't know what it is and has driven me crazy as of late.

After that, with suspension modifications and some work to front axle that should be good.

I don't expect the work to take as long as I said above, but the last thing I want is to burn myself out on it. So taking my time with it.

For sale
Front bumper
Stock front seats
Xenon fender flares

Rokman lowers are coming off after I transport it somewhere for suspension work

Other things will begin to come off and will post up then

Started the rear down of jeep.

I'm taking it off insurance for a few months while I put my new car on my plan in the coming weeks. For those in VA that have trail rigs or building stages, do you insure it?

Jjeeper09 date=1408920802 said:
Started the rear down of jeep.

I'm taking it off insurance for a few months while I put my new car on my plan in the coming weeks. For those in VA that have trail rigs or building stages, do you insure it?
Back when I lived in Chespeake I kept my trail rigs legal so I could run around town and keep everything in working order until the next run . Liability wasnt that pricey and I hated going to the DMV to make it legal in the first place so I didnt want to go back !

Yeah, I am going to have it insured when it's done. I guess it will be more of a pain with DMV. Could just put farm tags on it

So, with my 24th birthday around the corner. (Monday) I've decided to buy myself a little birthday present, and motivator. Seats or antirok

Okay a little update.

I am in the process of moving north of richmond .

I will be starting work after I move and have parts ordered.

Currie ultimate steering
MC track bar
Brackets for 3link

I will start diving in soon!

Jjeeper09 date=1417737464 said:
Okay a little update.

I am in the process of moving north of richmond .

I will be starting work after I move and have parts ordered.

Currie ultimate steering
MC track bar
Brackets for 3link

I will start diving in soon!
Nice parts list , it will be good to see you driving it again soon .

Where did you end up moving ?

I am moving into southern Maryland. Haven't found a place but am narrowing down. My territory is DC and Annapolis so somewhere in between and safe..

I have a nice order to place for Christmas!

Jjeeper09 date=1417745686 said:
I am moving into southern Maryland. Haven't found a place but am narrowing down. My territory is DC and Annapolis so somewhere in between and safe..

I have a nice order to place for Christmas!
  Solomon's Island is really nice and its easy to get to Annapolis from there. Heck anywhere there on the inner shore is nice , but not too terribly busy.

Alright! So quick update. 
I bought a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double cab. It has the 5.3L 4x4 6.5' Bed. I have purchased a tonneu cover to keep stuff out of the back and keep things somewhat dry. I love it. It has the towing package so I can't wait to tow to the trail!
I bought a Currie Steering kit from Imped, as well as his MC track bar. I cleaned them up and painted them this weekend. 
I will post up some pics of truck and steering soon!
Stay tuned!

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine