Gladiator lift

badmonkey

Haxxor
Staff member
The platform is a 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, aka Red Hot Momma. Right now she sits with 2" spring spacers in the front, and 3/4" spacers rear. I'd like gaining a bit more lift. Future plans include 35s for maintaining a balance between daily driver duties, camper towing, mpgs, and cost.

I'd like a lift striking much the same compromise. I don't want 10" of lift and fiddies under it. Well, ok, I *do* but it's totally impractical for the end goal. I'd like another inch or so under it lift alone, plus the added tire down the road.

Lift kits advertise as "3.5" inch lift, or plug in the number. Being a Rubicon she already sits 1.5" taller from factory. 1" from the suspension and .5" from the larger tires. Is it safe assuming installing a 3.5" lift would only result in 2.5" for a Rubicon? 

To piece it all together, what lift would you recommend to gain an inch or so from what the spacers have provided, with decent quality, good ride, and reasonable price tag?

That's what she said...

Since you are already rocking spacers - I was going to suggest it until I read super close.  I have really liked Rockkrawler spring and their progressive rate.  Ride really nice.  Usually measure true from my experience.

Just pulled the trigger. After much reading, some back and forth soul searching, and a few phone calls the decision was made. The lift of choice is the Metalcloak 3.5" true dual rate!

badmonkey said:
The platform is a 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, aka Red Hot Momma. Right now she sits with 2" spring spacers in the front, and 3/4" spacers rear. I'd like gaining a bit more lift. Future plans include 35s for maintaining a balance between daily driver duties, camper towing, mpgs, and cost.

I'd like a lift striking much the same compromise. I don't want 10" of lift and fiddies under it. Well, ok, I *do* but it's totally impractical for the end goal. I'd like another inch or so under it lift alone, plus the added tire down the road.

Lift kits advertise as "3.5" inch lift, or plug in the number. Being a Rubicon she already sits 1.5" taller from factory. 1" from the suspension and .5" from the larger tires. Is it safe assuming installing a 3.5" lift would only result in 2.5" for a Rubicon?

To piece it all together, what lift would you recommend to gain an inch or so from what the spacers have provided, with decent quality, good ride, and reasonable price tag?

How do you like the ride with the spacers now?

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine