IO LJ: The RE-Focus

Status
Not open for further replies.
357transam date=1454165186 said:
That would be a LOT of trimming...  :-X
It would be sexy if he was able to keep the stock angled look and just make them bigger... I wanted to do that on my Jimbuggy, by sectioning in the lip from a couple fenders, but never got around to it. 

I wish that was ride height. That is about an 1 or so from bump and hopefully about 3" below ride height. I will still have to trim but that was expected. 

Removed the stock starter, anti sway bar, steering box and part of the bolt on trackbar. I'm getting ready for the frame plate which are coming in next week. Depending on how it all works out, I'm thinking about using ballistic adjustable frame coil mounts and ruff stuff specialities' 3 link kit. I think if it works out a JK forward steering box. I have a TJ specific front antirock too. It will go on the axle or be used for the 8274 mount maybe, just depends on space. 

A friend gave me his jig he made to properly position the crank sensor on a 6 speed trans. Is actually the simplicity it self. Cut the top part of the bellhousing off the old trans, making sure to include 2 of the trans to engine mounting bolt hoses so you can bolt it to the 6 speed trans and drill the 2 holes to mount the crank sensor. You would cut it so you basically get the thick lip of the bellhousing. Once the mounting holes are drilled you cut thew hole in the trans big enough to mount the sensor

aw12345 date=1454450170 said:
A friend gave me his jig he made to properly position the crank sensor on a 6 speed trans. Is actually the simplicity it self. Cut the top part of the bellhousing off the old trans, making sure to include 2 of the trans to engine mounting bolt hoses so you can bolt it to the 6 speed trans and drill the 2 holes to mount the crank sensor. You would cut it so you basically get the thick lip of the bellhousing. Once the mounting holes are drilled you cut thew hole in the trans big enough to mount the sensor
I guess that makes sense. Good thing I'm not trying to sell the old one. 

Gone boys. Not kidding. Look back a few post, I hinted at it...

So the re-focus of the IO LJ is to let it go. 🙂 

Wow can't believe its gone, on of my all time favorite jeeps. Hope it went to a good home. I figured something was up when you took the aev wheels off. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine