Jeep news

badmonkey

Haxxor
Staff member
This thread will cover headlines and blurbs regarding Jeep. That could include model updates, recalls, or just something cool. If something catches your eye, post it!

I'll start with a recall:

Is this the end of the FarOut model? Or the Gladiator in general?

As since I haven't been following (and my Googlefu is weak this morning), is this Europe only?

Got an email inviting me to watch the debut of the 24 Gladiator. Guess that answers the discontinued in the US question.
I'm hoping they stick around a while. Sure am enjoying mine, and would like the prospect of renewing my subscription down the road.

Jeep plans to offer multiple all-electric models, starting with the 2025 Jeep Recon, but it's teased its vision of the ultimate electric off-roader with three variations of the Jeep Magneto concept, each of which essentially yanks the combustion engine and swaps an e-motor into the remainder of a Wrangler's manual-transmission drivetrain. This preserves all the tried-and-true Jeep off-road hardware, but there's no practical use for six transmission ratios and a clutch in a modern electric car. Might Magna's EtelligentTerrain approach, which fits an eBeam live axle with a locking differential at each end, make the most sense for Jeep?

Stellantis recalls more than 32,000 hybrid Jeep Wrangler SUVs because of potential fire risk

Automaker Stellantis on Wednesday announced a recall of more than 32,000 of its hybrid Jeep Wrangler SUVs because they pose a potential fire risk.

As part of what the company described as a routine review of customer information, Stellantis determined that eight of the hybrid Wranglers had caught fire while they were turned off and parked. Six of the vehicles were being charged when the fires started. The company said it doesn’t believe anyone was hurt in the fires.

The recall covers 2021-2024 models of the Jeep Wrangler 4xe SUVs. All other Wrangler models have been deemed safe by Stellantis, which maintains its U.S. headquarters in Auburn Hills, Michigan.

Chrysler is recalling more than 330,00 Jeep Grand Cherokees because of a steering wheel issue that may cause drivers to lose control of their vehicles.

The recall is for 338,238 of Chrysler’s 2021-2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee L and 2022-2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles.

The automaker says in documents posted Tuesday by the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration that the upper control arm ball joint and steering knuckle may separate and cause the wheel to fall outward, which could result in losing control of the vehicle and increasing the risk of a crash.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration announced the recall of more than 38,000 Jeeps, Rams and Voyagers because a weld may not have been done correctly, preventing the air bag from deploying.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine