JOKE 2018

Beasty suggested Mortimer Campground as the venue. It's a sound suggestion! The area is deceptively secluded for NC. There are mile upon mile of gravel backroad for exploring. Brown Mtn OHV is 20 mins away with a limited trail system for 4x4s. There are FS trails in the mountains. Wilson's Creek has several substantial swimming holes. Every direction holds incredible scenery. 

A friend and I plan to recon the campground next month. I will file a proper report upon our return. For now the basic premise is gather mid to late August. Enjoy the stars Friday night. Do Jeep things Saturday. Dip in the stream before dark. Then culinary and beverage shenanigans Saturday night. Sunday....whatever we wish until folks must depart. Be warned : you won't wish to leave.

Moar later as we gather intel.  👍

jrainman13 said:
I also noticed it's close to the fsj junkyard. Field trip if anyone is interested?

i kinda wanna go to this and i think i can swing it, would be a good long trip for the j20.
interested in the fsj junkyard. id love to get my hands on another j-truck tailgate....for reasons.

Wedwhyjay said:
i kinda wanna go to this and i think i can swing it, would be a good long trip for the j20.
interested in the fsj junkyard. id love to get my hands on a rust free j-truck bed....for reasons.

FIFY

Wedwhyjay said:
interested in the fsj junkyard. id love to get my hands on another j-truck tailgate....for reasons.
last time i was there, there were a handful of beds. Mostly short beds and one or two long beds. Maybe tailgates? I don't know if he will separate. I can get you his contact info if you're interested.

jrainman13 said:
last time i was there, there were a handful of beds. Mostly short beds and one or two long beds. Maybe tailgates? I don't know if he will separate. I can get you his contact info if you're interested.

Do you recall what kind of shape they were in?

Pretty crusty from what I remember. Well the long beds were. There were some decent short beds. Don't remember that many tailgates. It's been well over a year since I've been there.

Will said that he knows of a sliding rock near the campground and then mumbled about some land rovers guys secret tracks.

[member=35]Cervesadiablo[/member]

Hey gents, I have the JOKE info page updated.  For now.  More to come later.   👍

https://www.jeep-owner.com/joke.php

Certainly hope so, and look forward to it!

Regarding the page, I see a couple of fixxers it needs already. It will get those as well as updates as they arrive. Please make suggestions folks!   👍

jrainman13 said:
As long as my schedule allows, I will mark my calender when dates are agreed upon. I am definitely ready for a camping trip!
Same here , time to get some nature back in my soul.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine