Let's talk suspension seats

Tyvanwie

Long story short, I'm looking to replace the seats in that old yota I have (I know I know not a jeep, but I still have a jeep so hush). Right now I have 80s MR2 seats in it which are awesome, but they're blue and I'm having a hell of a time trying to match the rest of the interior, so we're going black and grey.

Now, I ran the corbeau baja rs in my tj and loved it, and ran the prp daily driver in my xj and hated it. Does anyone have experience with fixed back corbeaus or mastercrafts? The truck is only a single cab so reclining seems pointless but I might be able to be persuaded. Let me know what you've ran and liked, I'm open to anything.

I have had PRP's and Corbeaus. The PRP's were fixed back and had to go as my back needs a more upright position to stay comfortable. The Corbeau's reclined and were comfortable but were too tall and had my head against the cage. I do have an unusually long torso so it may not affect you like it did with my application .

How bad do we think amazon seats will be?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210324-133806.webp
    Screenshot_20210324-133806.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 68
I just have the Corbeau Baja SS?s, fixed back. For me they work fine, though the headrest is at the bottom of my neck. Hasn?t bothered yet, though it?s a weekend toy and doesn?t see any DD use. Otherwise to me they are comfortable and really hug you in when wheelin. Maybe someday when I have cash to blow I?ll upgrade to something a little taller, but no rush.

janesy said:
I just have the Corbeau Baja SS?s, fixed back. For me they work fine, though the headrest is at the bottom of my neck. Hasn?t bothered yet, though it?s a weekend toy and doesn?t see any DD use. Otherwise to me they are comfortable and really hug you in when wheelin. Maybe someday when I have cash to blow I?ll upgrade to something a little taller, but no rush.

How's the position as far as how leaned back you are? With my prp fixed back I felt like I was leaning back too far. I usually sit pretty upright

Think I've settled on the corbeau jps even though it's not a jeep 😈 they surprisingly sell mounts for the yota and the jps have flat mounting tabs vs the vertical ones of other fixed back corbeaus

Ended up going with corbeau JPs for a number of reasons. Flat mounting tabs meaning I can use their mounting brackets specific for my old ass truck vs. their other seats that have vertical tabs meant for roll bars. Only $209 per seat. Was able to get vinyl and cloth vs just vinyl (too hot). And it's a relatively small seat so it works in my tiny cab even with a center console.

Here's the kicker. I ordered Wednesday night around 8pm, corbeau called me 10 minutes after they opened yesterday letting me know those specific seats were on back order. I could've gotten another color, but obviously I just wanted black. They offered to upgrade me to the wide versions of the seats free of charge since mine wouldn't be available til June. $60 upgrade may not seem like much, but the fact that they just up and offered it without hesitation says a lot. And the wides will actually work better since they're narrower, they just have far less aggressive bolstering to accommodate a larger bottom (or easier in and out).

So all in all, another win for corbeau in my book and don't think I'll even look elsewhere in the future when that time comes. Will post pics once they're in.

G Beasley said:
Corbeau seems to be a solid company, it?s just a matter of whether their seats fit you or not.

For sure, and we will definitely see how these fixed back feels. But the yota like a third string vehicle at this point so I'm not looking for the comfiest seat available. I know corbeaus quality is what I'm looking for, and they are the only company I found that even has brackets for my truck. Fingers crossed they're as comfy as my baja rs was

They're here! As expected, build quality is incredible and they're super comfy.

Attachments

• PXL_20210421_165947318.webp
    PXL_20210421_165947318.webp
    173.5 KB · Views: 91

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine