Nate and Art's fun lil outing

aw12345

That looks like Sledge Hammer. Whitelightning battled through Georgies crack, had a heck of a time but made it.
Then we did Hammerdown and the extension of it, then Grinder, after that we loaded the Jeeps back up and headed to the Hammers.
Fooled around on the Gatekeeper of JackHammer, got Nate to crawl up it too. After that we headed to SledgeHammer, turned into a bit of winching work, but got finished with the Jeeps in one piece. Whitelightning isn't as pretty as it used to be, but Nate was pretty much grinning ear to ear all day.

P1010001 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

P1010002 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

P1010003 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

P1010004 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

P1010008 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

P1010007 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

My bud's son took a bunch of pics and video, will post when I find them. So who are the next group of brave people to run it?

Georgies crack is no joke.  I struggled in two spots but made it without winching.  Line selection is key.  My rig felt very stable on this type of climb.  I just got hung up,  these are some big rocks.

[/QUOTE]

That is some big terrain  😱 Great pictures , but I am comfortable saying that is beyond my level of comfort in my current rig  😀

Just an FYI, you can embed youtube vids when posting.  Just click the little youtube icon while posting.  Paste the addy in the tags. 

If you didn't want to embed them then I'll hush.  😀

[youtube]BHG9Aqfprk8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUuFy65xT5AzrQzZe4bBMQIA[/youtube]

[youtube]4XyKaThdzQk&list=UUuFy65xT5AzrQzZe4bBMQIA[/youtube]

[youtube]Wl85KX5pC2A&feature=c4-overview&list=UUuFy65xT5AzrQzZe4bBMQIA[/youtube]

aw12345 date=1384838097 said:
Kinda tried it and it didn't work for me. Thanks

Always glad to help.  At least it was the intention.  😉   Great pix and vids!  I'm like G - that's a little over my head at the moment.  :-X

G Beasley date=1384821084 said:
That is some big terrain  😱 Great pictures , but I am comfortable saying that is beyond my level of comfort in my current rig  😀

Aww come on Beasley.... you got this!  The good thing about Gougar Buttes is that it looked like fun for all,  even if you wanted to stay kind of mellow but still have a good time.  I'm sure Art knows all the good spots.  Me I'd get lost out there quick!

Gst95dsm date=1385011659 said:
Aww come on Beasley.... you got this!  The good thing about Gougar Buttes is that it looked like fun for all,  even if you wanted to stay kind of mellow but still have a good time.  I'm sure Art knows all the good spots.  Me I'd get lost out there quick!

The days of me running stuff like that went away with the back flip in Moab . That mellowed me out a good bit . I love seeing the pictures of y'all on it though.  😀

G Beasley date=1385083315 said:
The days of me running stuff like that went away with the back flip in Moab . That mellowed me out a good bit . I love seeing the pictures of y'all on it though.  😀

Cougar Buttes is a little deceiving.  Before I had been there and only had seen Art's photo's I thought it looked pretty crazy also.  Don't get me wrong,  the rocks are big and potential for damage is there,  but nothing that we ran was scary dangerous because it was (mostly) somewhat level and you could have really good control through things without gravity effecting you.  It's either that or I'm just wheeling well beyond my abilities and my days are numbered.  Either way it was fun,  but not once really did I get the "oh shit" feeling despite the amazing photos.  I still can't get over how awesome a lot of them are.  That place is incredibly photogenic.

Gst95dsm date=1385084290 said:
 but nothing that we ran was scary dangerous because it was (mostly) somewhat level and you could have really good control through things without gravity effecting you.  It's either that or I'm just wheeling well beyond my abilities and my days are numbered.

Thats funny , and maybe I will give it a whirl one day ... but it wont be in my LJ  😉

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine