Problem with rear window zipper on a 2013 Wrangler Sport

glez

I just bought my first jeep, a 2013 Wrangler Sport 2 door. I can?t get the rear window out because the zipper looks to be shifted in length on one side and the isn?t lining up with the other side. The zippers move fine but each side has one zipper longer on one side. I can?t fully move the zippers to the off position on the driver?s side to take out the window. Its clearing installed wrong and I?m not sure how to undo it. Has anyone seen this before? Any help would be appreciated.

This is the drivers side (left looking into the back of the Jeep)

img_1677-jpg.4570820

These are the passenger side

img_1679-jpg.4570821

img_1680-jpg.4570823

Yeah, had that happen once. It probably isn't the easiest or even best way to resync the teeth. But here's what I did: unzip it all the way or as far as possible. The tab needs to be close to the end. Use pliers or something on each side to pull the teeth back into alignment. Restart the tab. I think it was easier with the top off as there were no competing forces at play.

Hopefully someone else has a better fix. Good luck!

Well thank you.  Its good to be here.  So that's exactly what we did.  Put some mussel in to it and was cautious but I have it fixed.  One interesting thing is the dealer told me of a local upholstery guy and said he has a tool to separate the teeth and realign them. 

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine