Should I create a "shop" thread

• Shop Thread

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No Thread

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

scotch737

Over the past week or so. I've spent entirely to much money. But since this is a big move for us, and getting my own shop. I was wondering if you guys would like to see a "shop" thread and how I install some things most of us have in your own shop. Mostly for some suggestions and some how too as well.  ETC.  Lemme know! 

Isn't this the start of the shop thread? So do you really have to ask the question? I mean, it seems it's been answered.

Do it.

So here's the start. This is the little building I have currently. Cleaning it out tomorrow and helping move stuff around the farm.
The fun part comes next. We are going to grade next week. Place this building behind where it currently is on gravel for a "storage" building. I recently purchased a new 30x48x16 steel building , 2 10x10 doors, 2 entry doors, 4 windows and 2 sky lights, fully insulated, to sit on top of a pad we are adding to this one.  It will also have a 18ft Eve on left hand side over gravel. After my buddy is done grading they are scheduled to come pour concrete and assemble building in 3 weeks.    I also have a few questions.

1.  What did you use for air lines? And how is it doing for you? PVC or Copper or Iron.
2. I have a huge old diesel fuel tank that doesnt leak. Any of you have something like this for used oil, etc? I do have a local service that is priced good to come empty it. It's a 500 gallon tank. Take me years to fill it. But is it Ideal? [headscratch]
3. When I get it mostly done. I'd love to have a JO get together.  I have some farm roads and a motoX track we can drive on  [laugh] Wanna come?

HYJDnjT.jpg

I ran my air lines with black iron. Pvc is appealing for the ease of installation but I have seen to many pictures of it exploded on garage journal.Pex would probably work fine , but black iron is proven and helps cool the air slightly as well.

I'm super jealous of the additional steel building, you're going to have a nice setup. As to the oil drum, get an old diesel and use it as fuel 😀

I agree on the black iron pipe. Pex might be a second depending on pressure rating. Remember to put drip legs with a blow off valve at the bottom for moisture unless you have a drier.
A used oil furnace for winter times? 500 gallons would last all winter in that size shop. Or a few five gallon buckets and most parts stores will take it for free.

scotch737 said:
Not quite. I've worked my butt off for years and finally decided it's time to do what I've dreamed. I ain't gettin no younger!

None of us are , but dont go killing yourself getting the place ready either.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine