Stinger Stereo Experience

en480c4

Does anyone have any experience with the Stinger Heigh10 in a JK? I’m probably going to pull the trigger on a new head unit soon, and this has my attention.

The Joying floating screen option for something similar is more than I want to spend on a “generic” Android-based head unit, as much as I loved it in the LJ. And the Stinger isn’t cheap, but I like the integration to the point where it can offer JL-like off-road pages.

Online reviews seem largely positive with some real outliers. It’s like all 5-star reviews with some scathing 1-star reviews mixed in.

I couldn’t justify the cost for such a low-res display. I ended up getting the 11.6” Joying. I won’t get to the install until this weekend, but at 60% of the cost, 20% bigger and almost double the resolution, plus wireless CarPlay, I figured I’d give it a go.

I’ll post installed pics and impressions as soon as I have them.

Ended up getting it in after work today. It’s Joying’s flagship, super snappy, with impressive specs and processor, and the screen is fantastic. It’s an 11.6” screen at 1920x1080, the smallest at that resolution. They also have them with 13.3” & 15.1” screens. It came with a CANBUS adapter and a plug-and-play harness.

IMG_8268.webp

IMG_8269.webp

IMG_8271.webp

11.3” fits perfectly… it’s hard to imagine one of the bigger models.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine