Texas to Alaska/Yukon Territory -- 2020

TexasTJ

This week my work supervisor asked me what days I wanted off for vacation next year, so I jokingly said "how many can I get, I want to drive to Alaska". I went home and talked to my wife about it, and to my surprise she asked when I was going.  So the tentative dates are June 20th- July 21, 2020.  I will be driving the 4Runner up there while Bert will be either in his Tundra, or with his buddy in a Rebel.  My wife and possibly Bert's girlfriend will fly up to join for the middle two weeks, then fly back home while we finish up the drive back home.

I haven't done much planning on it yet, but I want to drive the Dempster Highway up to Tuktoyaktuk, Yukon Territory and get to the Arctic Ocean. From there we will head over to Alaska where we'd like to do check out the Denali National Park and maybe drive the Denali Highway. I don't have any specific requirements for this trip, other than having an awesome time roadtripping, seeing more nature and less people, and some camping with friends.  The goal is to do as much camping as possible via RTT, with some backpacking with a basic ground tent.

I'm open to suggestions. I know I could make better use of my time by flying and then exploring, but half of the fun for me is the drive. I could take more than 4 weeks, but the problem then is getting anyone else to hang out with me for that long! Should be looking around 8-10k miles.

Attachments

• welcome-to-alaska.webp
    welcome-to-alaska.webp
    126.5 KB · Views: 77
Well since the Canadian border is presently closed, I am sad to say this trip will be postponed until a later time.

Currently working on a month long trip July 18-Aug 16. Planning on running the Utah Backcountry Discovery Route, most of the Idaho BDR, up to Washington, then Oregon, California, Arizona, New Mexico, and back home.

Texas TJ said:
Well since the Canadian border is presently closed, I am sad to say this trip will be postponed until a later time.

Currently working on a month long trip July 18-Aug 16. Planning on running the Utah Backcountry Discovery Route, most of the Idaho BDR, up to Washington, then Oregon, California, Arizona, New Mexico, and back home.
Lot of great stuff to see along that route.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine