The Project... barely.

moredock_31

Although my build isn't too interesting, I have one on both other forums so I figured it's only right if I have one here as well. Being a college athlete limits my time and money I have to spend on my jeep, but make due with what I have.  👍

Here are the specs so far on it!
Current:
'99 Jeep TJ
32rh -(Filter/Gasket PN# FK119)
Np231
BDS 2", 1.25" BL, Brown Dog MML
Falken Wildpeak AT 33x12.50r15
ZJ Tie Rod Swap
Metalcloak Arched Fenders
JK Turn Signals
AtoZ WW2WW Sliders
Hardtop/Softop
Savvy Cable Shifter
Pro Comp 7069
Savvy DA Rear Uppers
MC SA Front Lowers (x2)
Ford 8.8 w/ Artec truss
Teraflex SS SYE
Shortened XJ Shaft ( U-joint PN# 5-134x)
High Pinion Dana 30 (Shortened Front Shaft)
Metalcloak Front Trackbar
Metalcloak DA Front Uppers
Metalcloak Rear Adj. Trackbar
Barnes 4WD Tailplate Bumper

6 Months:
BMB Pads/Rotors (Have / Not installed)
Flat Skid w/ Crossmember (Have all components)
Engine Skid
Winch
Corners
Chromoly Front Shafts
Dana 30 Spartan/Aussie

Now:

moredock_31 date=1406075935 said:
Thanks guys, I definitely envy both of yours haha. But I play football.. defensive back at a NAIA school in Iowa.
In time your Jeep will end up like ours  😉

Post up if y'all are going to be on TV so we can say we know that guy ! 

ShaunSweeney said:
Nice rig. What's the plan for the gear ratio?

Thanks man, I'm unsure right now. I'm thinking 4.56 would be optimal, but I know someone with 4.10s and is sticking with them when he goes to 35s. Any advice?

G Beasley said:
In time your Jeep will end up like ours  😉

Post up if y'all are going to be on TV so we can say we know that guy !

I can only hope so. And will do but I doubt it will happen unless we make it to the National Championship.. Only IL/IA areas usually get our games lol

You can get away with 4:10s and most likely find a set for cheap.  If you do a lot of highway driving you will like the 4:10 better than 4:56.

I've already found an 8.8 with 4.10s and LSD locally, just haven't picked it up yet. Need to decide what I wanna do with the front. Keep the Lp and strengthen it up or go hp hunting. I have a buddy who knows a guy who charges $150 to regear, which isn't bad whatever route I choose.

The only problem with 4:10 is if you do a lot of stop and go in traffic due to the stall converter speed.  It will generate a lot of heat with anything less than 4:56 from what I understand.

ShaunSweeney date=1406171326 said:
The only problem with 4:10 is if you do a lot of stop and go in traffic due to the stall converter speed.  It will generate a lot of heat with anything less than 4:56 from what I understand.
Right on, that's kind of what I was thinking.

On another note I'm probably going to be ordering some things soon. Since my caster is so low (4.0*) with only a 2" lift and 33's I think front lower control arms should be first. I don't really know why it's so low with such a low lift and stock arms. I know I'll regret going with the cheaper RC arms, but the low price is so tempting. I'm gonna try and fight the urge to be cheap and go for the Metalcloaks. Next will probably be Raptor liner, from tp tools. $121 isn't bad shipped, unless you guys know of anywhere cheaper? First order of business is trying to get my body mounts fixed.. Rusting through the mount channel. Gonna try to imitate what Ed did. Just have to get in touch with my welder buddy. [weld]

I like the reviews of the cloaks though, just hard to fork over that kinda money right now.. Hoping to find some used Rokmen or curries on JF classifieds.

moredock_31 date=1406585430 said:
I like the reviews of the cloaks though, just hard to fork over that kinda money right now.. Hoping to find some used Rokmen or curries on JF classifieds.
Good plan , just be patient .

Don't quite get the Metal clunck stuff, haven't figured out yet why they think there stuff is made off gold.
Not that their stuff is poor quality, just way overpriced

I got stuff from another manufacturer here in Cali bought them used 7 years ago, abused the piss out of them rebuild one 4 years ago for the whole cost of 7 dollars. Not overly impressed with the golden Metal clunk ones, they do seem to make my buddy Nate happy, We'll see in about 7 years if he still is. Personally I moved past all the bolt on stuff though. What to say Jeep building is an adventure and you life and learn

So what would you guys suggest? Currie? Rokmen? Others? Right now I just wanna get lowers because my caster is super low.. (4.0? on 2" and 33s).

moredock_31 date=1406607561 said:
So what would you guys suggest? Currie? Rokmen? Others? Right now I just wanna get lowers because my caster is super low.. (4.0? on 2" and 33s).
I like Synergy too. JJ on one side and a clevite bushing on the other

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine