Thermostat and water pump recommendations?

davewjcook

My '06 LJ with right around 100k miles on it has started bleeding coolant all down the front and along the bottom of the oil pan. Has to be the thermostat housing, the water pump, or the gaskets for those methinks. Time to do some coolant system work.

My questions for the masses here - what brands of thermostat, housing, water pump, and gaskets should I be looking for? Just as importantly, what should I stay away from? I'm not sure "go buy OEM" works any longer... In my experience it's either on permanent backorder or now "OEM equivalent" and I've been burned more than once with that being cheap junk nowadays. Just trying to know what's good and bad in today's market before I buy. Also wouldn't hurt to know if that secret high-quality part with the low pricetag exists. Anyone out there with experience I can learn from on this one? Thanks in advance!

I typically try to get oem equivalent and use rock auto as an information source. I try to buy local so that if there is an issue is easier to take care of.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine